Tire size for croom?

Started by bhsballer76, August 03, 2010, 02:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhsballer76

I was wondering if any of the croom regulars run 18's in the rear and 20's up front ? I am looking to buy some new tires for my LTR and I would like to go with an 18/20 set up but am afraid I will be dragging the rear when riding at croom and other trails.If so ill have to go with a 20/21 set up.. Any thoughts?

zman03

kinda depends on the level of intensity of your riding!!!!   too big of a tire and your bouncing all around at higher speeds too. too small and you work a little harder.
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

bhsballer76

Yea. Im more concerned with bottoming out the quad alot. I have not ridden croom in a few years. I like the smaller wheels due to the ability to turn and flick the rear end around. But i dont want to be dragging the swing arm around beating it up on the trails either.

86R

I ride croom sometimes and I allways run 18/20. And no chain guard out back and no engine skid, its a MX bike. Havent had issues yet, If you run on rocks just put ur tires on them.

slam1

Jon Perkins 66C 0-400
[url="http://www.thesportslift.com"]http://www.thesportslift.com[/url]

bhsballer76


jayman

or you can just go to Dirty Foot and not have to worry since the trails are 100% smooth
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

Anoriginal

22x11x8, Ohtsu Wamulass

Best tire ever.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.