my 2001 yamaha warrior turbo project, pics,vids

Started by Surftouch, July 24, 2010, 03:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndoe83

does it work yet?

I have a 400ex turbo project right now, I just need better fuel management.

What did you do for fuel management?

Surftouch

no Im still doing fab work, its not acutally functioning yet, hopefully soon it will be together and working properly , got any pics of your build?

johndoe83

ya I do actually, they are on another site, ill pm you the info right now.

Surftouch

looks like you and the rest of the guys are doing a blow through setup, thats where i think your running into a problem. im doing a suck though style which tunning is easier, it wont pressureize the carb. just my opinion

johndoe83

I think where its mounted on mine, a draw through would be to much for the system, the charge piping might be to long for it?

If I can find a piece of pipe or something to down size the inlet to the carb size, I may try it?

Id need to down size from like 3in to 1 1/2 in, might go to lowes tomorrow and see what I can find?

I just feel weird having the fuel run through the turbo, then through all the charge pipe, starting and low idle running may be a lil rough?


07orlando450R

Quote from: johndoe83 on July 25, 2010, 05:08:49 AM
I think where its mounted on mine, a draw through would be to much for the system, the charge piping might be to long for it?

If I can find a piece of pipe or something to down size the inlet to the carb size, I may try it?

Id need to down size from like 3in to 1 1/2 in, might go to lowes tomorrow and see what I can find?

I just feel weird having the fuel run through the turbo, then through all the charge pipe, starting and low idle running may be a lil rough?

it can be done with a draw through, but remember fuel air mix has to go out the blow off valve back into the carb throat, causing a rich surge, if you have a accelerator pump you can turn it way down to combat the rich surge. if your drag racing put on an airshifter so you never have to let off the gas, no surge. but it does work, a bunch of airboaters in CFL runs these setups with confidence. one guy changes jets half way through the day for weater and power just so he can go where he wants and not get stuck.

i have a stock carb left over from my 511R project, its off an 07 450R, 42mm FCR, it has an accelerator pump, may work well for your application. I can let it go for 150 shipped complete carb... if you need it.

if i were you i would try it, from my experience I have seen it work many times.
2007 Honda 511R The Beast
95 sportsman 4x4 2 smoke

ericcrip

440ex
06 450er fcr carb
hmf pipe
+8 swinger
20 hp wet shot of nos
p&p head
stage 2 hc
16/36 gearing
7.91 1/8 mile

johndoe83

I do have the 05 42mm 450r carb already, how much different is that from the 07?

07orlando450R

Quote from: johndoe83 on July 25, 2010, 03:35:02 PM
I do have the 05 42mm 450r carb already, how much different is that from the 07?
I think the 05's didnt have an fcr?????? and i mic'd my carb, its physically a 41mm. heres a pic of it. dirty as hell, been sittin in a bin since my 511 with 43.5 came home.lol
2007 Honda 511R The Beast
95 sportsman 4x4 2 smoke

johndoe83

Im highly interested in your carb, your correct 05 wasnt an fcr, For 150 you have a deal.

Im currently trying to get an airshifter also, so if you dont mind holding it for a week or two, I will deffinetly take it.

07orlando450R

yeah its just sittin here, lemme know.
also have a bunch of other 450 parts if you know anyone? stator, stock head,cylinder,piston,cam,etc...
2007 Honda 511R The Beast
95 sportsman 4x4 2 smoke