Project Arctic Cat.

Started by OPowersports, July 17, 2010, 08:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OPowersports

Next pic is the old broken idler shaft at the bottom. The new larger diameter shaft to the right and the idler gear that has been bored for the new larger shaft.
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

OPowersports

Pictures of the welded up case with the boss re machined. Weld looks bad but welding cast aluminum sucks.
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

OPowersports

#27
Picture of all idler gears in place with the new shaft installed. It looks like it should work....
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

Paul_S

Good work sir....very impressive.

Now did you get around to changing the plug yet?

Also I can't seem to find a Freds store for the oil, in Tampa  :-\

You far from Green Cove Springs???

Fred's 1940
1435 S. ORANGE AVENUE
GREEN COVE SPRINGS, FL 32043

OPowersports

We need to get a lot of seals and gaskets before we can work on changing the spark plug. I better never see freds oil in or near that quad or I will set it on fire. Only excuse I will possible accept is if you get water in it and use the freds oil just to flush it out.
Also need a new battery and starter.
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

Paul_S

Quote from: OPowersports on August 06, 2010, 05:45:53 PM

I better never see freds oil in or near that quad or I will set it on fire. Only excuse I will possible accept is if you get water in it and use the freds oil just to flush it out.



zman03

nice work!!!!!!!    way to git er dunn!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

rzr ridr

Nice work matt you da man!!!
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!

TLittle

crazy are you going to have that thing done in time for Paul to break it on Labor day?????
2010 Camaro SS
Flowmaster exhaust
Cold air intake
Diablo sport Programmer
BBK Headers
503 HP

New members worst nightmare

OPowersports

Quote from: TLittle on August 11, 2010, 09:50:37 PM
crazy are you going to have that thing done in time for Paul to break it on Labor day?????
If the parts will show up in time. For some reason this has been the hardest bike to get parts for in a timely fashion. I even paid for express shipping on the most recent order and still no parts yet.  >:(
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

OPowersports

Quote from: OPowersports on August 12, 2010, 06:36:50 PM
Quote from: TLittle on August 11, 2010, 09:50:37 PM
crazy are you going to have that thing done in time for Paul to break it on Labor day?????
If the parts will show up in time. For some reason this has been the hardest bike to get parts for in a timely fashion. I even paid for express shipping on the most recent order and still no parts yet.  >:(
In fact this is what I got for an email from them

Order UpdateYour Order: UJ8B311
Customer Service: 1-877-511-BIKE
Matthew,

One of the items in your order UJ8B311 had to be ordered from an alternate warehouse due to availability. As a result, the item(s) will be delayed 1-4 business days.
The remainder of your order has been processed and will be shipped when the delayed items arrive. Your original quoted shipping cost will not change.

Cross-Shipped Items:
Item NameQuantityTotal Price
O RING,WTR PMP1$4.59

Our advanced fulfillment system allows BikeBandit.com to pull inventory from multiple warehouses across the United States. This means that when you order from BikeBandit.com there's less of a chance that you will experience long delays and your parts will be delivered right to your door!
If you have any questions about your order, please call 1-877-511-BIKE (2453) or log into our LiveChat to speak with one of our representatives.
Thank you for choosing BikeBandit.com!
The BikeBandit.com Customer Support Team
1-877-511-BIKE (2453)
Mon - Thu 5:00 AM - 7:00 PM PST
Fri 5:00 AM - 6:00 PM PST
Sat - Sun 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM PST



How do you like the part in red even though they are gonna delay shipping the bulk of the order for a 5.00 part they are still going to charge me the express shipping price.  >:( >:(
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

TLittle

thats so nice of them that they are still going to express ship your stuff out.... 6 months after you order it
2010 Camaro SS
Flowmaster exhaust
Cold air intake
Diablo sport Programmer
BBK Headers
503 HP

New members worst nightmare

OPowersports

Well I have a complete engine ready to go back into the bike. I however have found about 20 other issues with the Quad some will be addressed now and some at a later date.
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

OPowersports

Hey Paul...I am not sure but I think I figured out what is wrong with your 4wd.
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

Paul_S


john450r


dirtslinger

Dude screw bike bandit. cheapcycleparts.com Theyre cheaper than bikebandit and most times the parts arrive before the shipping status changes.
Josh Rogers
#70
10-11 Sponsors:
MotoOption Clothing
Rocky Mountain Roastery
EVS Sports
Steel MX
ODI Grips

Baileygunns


ocalamike.

Well that didnt last long! The cat is down again! Way to break it Paul.  ;)
05 trx 450r

dirtslinger

Josh Rogers
#70
10-11 Sponsors:
MotoOption Clothing
Rocky Mountain Roastery
EVS Sports
Steel MX
ODI Grips

ocalamike.

Matt thinks that weld didnt hold. He tried but may need new case. :'(
05 trx 450r

TLittle

until there is a bike that can outlast paul they are all inferior



I think the golf cart is the only thing that he keeps running  :R :R :R
2010 Camaro SS
Flowmaster exhaust
Cold air intake
Diablo sport Programmer
BBK Headers
503 HP

New members worst nightmare

dirtslinger

Quote from: TLittle on September 06, 2010, 08:50:15 AM
until there is a bike that can outlast paul they are all inferior



I think the golf cart is the only thing that he keeps running  :R :R :R

only paul.
Josh Rogers
#70
10-11 Sponsors:
MotoOption Clothing
Rocky Mountain Roastery
EVS Sports
Steel MX
ODI Grips

ocalamike.

Quote from: TLittle on September 06, 2010, 08:50:15 AM
until there is a bike that can outlast paul they are all inferior



I think the golf cart is the only thing that he keeps running  :R :R :R
Now that I think about it I didnt see the golf cart at all this weekend  :o
05 trx 450r

Paul_S

Quote from: ocalamike. on September 06, 2010, 11:22:38 AM
Quote from: TLittle on September 06, 2010, 08:50:15 AM
until there is a bike that can outlast paul they are all inferior



I think the golf cart is the only thing that he keeps running  :R :R :R
Now that I think about it I didnt see the golf cart at all this weekend  :o

Nothing wrong with it, I had a smorgasbord of things to ride this weekend.

Everything I own except the Arctic Cat runs great, the only thing that needs some attention is the cat and quite frankly, if you buy a 5 yo bike that has been mudded to death and don't expect it to have a few problems, you are going to have a life full of disappointments  ;D

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com