A place called "Happy Trails"?

Started by Baileygunns, July 09, 2010, 08:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baileygunns

Any one heard of this spot? It's in Davenport...

I saw it on another forum but there wasn't to much info on it. They had a satellite map of it and it looks sweet. I was thinking about making the drive to check it out but it's about an hour from me and I would hate to get there and get kicked out.

Johnny Rotten

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

Baileygunns


hsi579

I've heard of it! Been out there before.. its in davenport in champions gate, back behind golf courses... they use to have a couple free style ramps out there.. haven't been in a lil over a year now so i'm not to sure whats there now.

Baileygunns

I'm getting mixed responses on this place, I have it posted on a couple forums... From what I heard someone crashed and died or got seriously hurt out there and they closed it down, no trespassing signs everywhere... It's about an hour and a half from me so I haven't found the spare time to go out there and chance it being closed when I get there...

96cobra10101

If it's the golf course out there near champions gate, then it's def closed. We used to ride there, but that was over a year ago. This area also included the orange groves, a huge dirt mound for hill climbs and some woods.  There are several rumors why it closed, but the only truth is that it's closed and the cops enforce it.  I'd avoid it see that they can legally confiscate your quad if you do get caught for trespassing.
07 YFZ450 with all the goodies!

hsi579

That sux.. yeah it was down passed the side of the golf course. Where do u ride at now,, anywhere good? :)

jayman

Is this the area off from School Boy road (something like that) in the Haines City area?  If so then yes it is CLOSED!!!  I drove a hour to get there about 6 months ago only to get there and turn around.  It has a water company signs all over it........signs EVERYWHERE.  All the neighbors were looking when we pulled up to it.....seemed like they were ready to start making calls  :)

This place was a nice place for a day ride.  We got to go out there 3 or 4 times before they closed it down.
I did not know it had a name....we always called it Haines City
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

greenmachine

#8
here is a vid from a ride we had there a couple years ago by Ride1Rob. I beleive the July 4th ride was in 2009

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,38449.0.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdGL9EoziJw

jayman

There sure is a lot of grass there!!!!!!  We started going about a year ago and there was not any grass  ;D
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

jayman

well maybe a little grass
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

jayman

#11
last ones
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

shogun323

Quote from: 96cobra10101 on August 26, 2010, 12:20:00 PM
If it's the golf course out there near champions gate, then it's def closed. We used to ride there, but that was over a year ago. This area also included the orange groves, a huge dirt mound for hill climbs and some woods.  There are several rumors why it closed, but the only truth is that it's closed and the cops enforce it.  I'd avoid it see that they can legally confiscate your quad if you do get caught for trespassing.

That place was great. Like all local spots it closed from knuckleheads, litterbugs and criminals.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

greenmachine

back in the 90's we had a huge sand pit about 5miles north on Hwy 27 off of Paolo Rd which was just north of sand mine road.
We rode there every weekend for over a year and even built a big track there with jumps. then someone let the word get out and the "Fun Bike Center" team found it and started taking everyone and their brother out there and it was shut down.
It was awesome back in the day, I had an 86 atc250r I used out there. When i look at the old pics it really reminds me of some great times. Now there is a housing developmet there.
The sand in that area is great for riding. If I had a few hundred acres out there it would be the best riding spot for sports anywhere for sure.........just puttting it out there since all these parks are opening up.....

shogun323

That sounds like a blast. Too bad all local riding spots are always short lived.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

hsi579

This is one pic I have from out there.

greenmachine

#16
anyone who jumps something like that without a helmet or any protection for that matter, is an idiot!
This pic is very shortlived here I bet and it should be.

shogun323

Quote from: greenmachine on August 27, 2010, 01:40:40 PM
anyone who jumps something like that without a helmet or any protection for that matter, is an idiot!
This pic is very shortlived here I bet and it should be.


+10000


Last time I saw that ramp it was so chewed up and the surrounding area was under water.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

jayman

shogun is correct when we started going a year ago it was in the middle of a lake with TALL weeds around it!!
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

96cobra10101

I'm baffled. Why would someone do anything like that without a helmet on?
07 YFZ450 with all the goodies!

Paul_S

Quote from: 96cobra10101 on August 27, 2010, 04:40:06 PM
I'm baffled. Why would someone do anything like that without a helmet on?

Yeah, check out this turd jumping with rubber boots on...what a dumb azz


hsi579

I agree with all of u! He wasn't that bright I don't think, didn't know him just took the pic!

ScooterB

Quote from: Paul_S on August 27, 2010, 04:52:58 PM
Quote from: 96cobra10101 on August 27, 2010, 04:40:06 PM
I'm baffled. Why would someone do anything like that without a helmet on?

Yeah, check out this turd jumping with rubber boots on...what a dumb azz



its the flying sausage
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

Paul_S


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com