Thumb Extender

Started by spacerider, June 19, 2005, 10:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacerider

Can someone please help me as to what is a few or one good web site or place to by a thumb extender as I can not get rid of the thumb cramps everytime I ride.

Thanks to all for any help you all can provide


Ride till you reach the stars.........
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

SkyHighT100

I'm not sure of any websites that have them. I went to a local dealer and had them order one for me. It was only $20.... and WELL worth it, lol.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

SkyHighT100

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

sk8r_dude

I bought one for my wife at Outdoor World. They are great and she has no more pain in her hand now. Just be careful. When I ride her bike and am not used to the extender, I have stabbed the throttle when I didn't mean to and have had a couple of close calls.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunkĀ 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

Magnum330

Also try tractor supply place I got one their.
Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.

spacerider

Thanks all you have a tremndous help
Sky I have saved that site to my favorites

Thanks again and hope to see you all out on the trails
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

GSPKurt

SpaceRider-
Your local TSC (Tractor Supply Co.) should stock them. I saw them at my local TSC a couple of days ago. In my opinion, I don't like them. I have arthritis in my hands/thumbs and it didn't help, just made it more awkward to use the throttle. I took it back.

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

spacerider

I was also thinking about fabricating a rod the length of the grip and mounting it to the thum throttle (not permanent) so all you have to do when you hold the grip is squeeze and and the palm of your hand will give it throttle
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

TRX450R_Racer

Another thing you can do is loosen a little so you can spin it around with some force, not flopping around. When your thumb gets tired you roll it backwards until you can grab it with your index and middle finger. Then you can pull the throttle with those two fingers and still hold on.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

susieblazer


   TICK TOCK TICK TOCK................time is approaching for a ride come on Spacerider!!!!!!!!!!!
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com