New state trail system! (Really!)

Started by v303x, June 27, 2005, 07:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racemanfl

Says here on their site 150 miles

Welcome to the Tate's Hell Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Trail System. This trail system provides an opportunity to ride off- highway motorcycles (OHM) and all-terrain vehicles (ATV) on more that 150 miles of designated trails on existing forest roads. While riding on the trails, forest users can expect to see various ecosystems including cypress/titi swamps, blackwater rivers and pine flatwoods. Various species of wildlif

eric

Looks like you can use the sticker from Croom to get into this Forest to ;D

wakulla ram

look at the map,check out the legend, you are limited to the white roads only. now, take that map along with the mile legend and do your math. i've been there alot growing up and i know the area well. yes, i agree it says "150 miles" but, you can believe that if you want to? tate's hell totals more than 150 miles but, you aren't allowed to ride all of tate's hell. only 16 sq. miles... 
2004 suzuki ltz400 (white)
white bros e2 pipe, alba nerfs, jet kit, k&n air filter, pro taper handlebars and 13/41 sprockets w/did x ring chain.

GSPKurt

Quote from: americanhighlander on June 29, 2005, 02:16:48 AM
That very  good  for teens in carribelle and the hunters.I use to own a sailboat while back untilled  i sold it.Well thats very good you can go salt water fishing at sametime and next day you go ride atvs.Thats very good for thoses rednecks and bigger kids would love that.

(The bad news for boaters and beach people)
Since some crazy condoum owner  brought out   tiki hut it was more like jimmy buffet restuant place  and they  brought out c quarters marina  and he let down all  his poor fishing  people down  drain and no where to go for sailboats and trawlers.The only marines are left in carribelle  the moorings  and the  paramores marina.Well they need put more new  boat  marinas in  carribelle   and  appalchcola  and alot them do offshore fishing  and  going to other  islands  doing beach walking on private islands.I have been to all islands in  carribelle and applachcola area  and too  bad  the st george lighthouse  is sinking  down into ocean and they should put like a rock barrier  around the lighthouse  and not moving to big st george island  and it should stay on little st george island  in it's orginal spot.I have been to  dog island   st george island  little george island  and st vencent island  and cape san bias  and st joseph p state on  both sides  of  far western part.For last two years i did. ;D 8)


thanks,
amhighlander

keep  marinas  alive  over  from  panama city,port st joe,applachcola
,carribelle area. ;D 8)


Huh?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Ida_Mann

I still plan on going up there, if anything to give a report on exactly how many miles you can travel.

I got a gps and a rack ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

hammerhead2

I think you guys are reading the miles key wrong. Zero miles starts in the center of the key. That means it is more like about 60 sq miles. I did the math and came up with slightly more than 100 miles of white trails. That's not 150 but it's a good start when you consider Croom is only about 4 or 5 sq miles. I'm very excited to see this place open up and will definitely be checking it out. I hope this means we will see something open up for South Florida in the near future. I wonder if they plan to set up a campground like the one at Croom.
Bill