SDTA ROUND 5 CROSS ROADS MOTORPLEX JASPER, FL MAY 15TH

Started by WJDTRI, May 05, 2010, 01:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WJDTRI

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

derek330

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

HillKiller

[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

derek330

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

WJDTRI

Looks to be a GREAT race day.

partly cloudy, high 85. cooling off after dark.

BRING IT!!!!!
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]


weedeater

 sorry guys have to work today , have a great race, weedeater #14

HillKiller

[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

WJDTRI

Thanks to Everyone that came to the races. Track was very smooth & very fast. We had 55 race entries which I think is a tie with our 3rd largest crowd. Updated points and info within a few days. Great pics Dave. Anyone have more?



Thanks Again
Ward, Shawn & Ray
SDTA
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

derek330

Thanks again guys and gals for putting on the show. very nice once again. great racing on the track. jasper is my favorite by FAR! i sliped up in the main and let dave get around. so congrats dave on the win (weinie head)...... he deserved it! his Mystic powered banshee ran great and more wins are coming his way. :ThumbsUp.gif

Also congrats to J. HARV for the int. class smackdown! i believe he is now the 2010 int. champ?!?
he had some chassis problems at first but he got them dialed in for the main with a little help. he looked really good in the main! best i have even seen a raptor handle and he rode the wheels off it as usual. i heard from a few people he was going through the turns as fast as the open quads. but i cant say me and dave were "on" like harv... i couldnt steer and well... dave has a banshee. nuff said. :Wacko.gif

ALSO, i believe after that race i am now the 2010 open class champ!?! :Fp
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

2 wheeled flat tracker

Yeah Johnathan Harvin was cutting 1 second faster lap times than both you and Dave. Its time to move him up to the Open $$$ Quad class so he take your bacon.


S.M.

jharv24

All I can say is this past weekend my bike was running and handling alot better than usual,and yes thanks to some advice from Derrick and Dave both. I appreciate it very much. I knew it felt good in the main, but I had no idea the times in which I was running. I'm about ready to try the open money class out, I'm just trying to learn a little before I try in the open class but I would really like to have a championship in the class I'm in ..and if I find out that I have the championship already then I will gladly move up..! Thanks for all the advice everyone has given me! I am still kind of new and still not sure how all this works with the classes and all.
JONATHAN HARVIN

Gulley421

Championships?  Isn't this just the half way point of the SDTA season? :stoogies.gif
*2009 SDTA Pro/Am Champion*

Scott Gulley Customs
Wicked Scare Productions Inc.
Outpost Cycles

2 wheeled flat tracker

Scott is correct, points run through Decemeber 2010. We are taking the summer off but points will be accumulated through the end of the yr.

Shawn

cj

what a great day of racing,the facility and track were great as usual,the weather was nice,It would have been the perfect day, if we wouldn't have scraped the motor in the first heat !!
laps were getting fast as the night came around  bikes and open quads were hitting 61 mph on that tight track !
lap times were sub 16 seconds,damn I wish that motor would have lasted that one last race !!!



open quad heat 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKwq-hccdPQ

expert bike main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25FmTtMZ6FY

open quad main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzFmmQob2MA

2 wheeled flat tracker

Chris,
These videos are awesome thank you very much for taking them and taking the time to post on youtube, how much damage did your engine suffer? I heard it was catastrophic.

S.M.

derek330

wait.wait.wait....... your saying the points go through the whole year??  with a break in between? THATS A NEW ONE TO ME!!! it WOULD have been nice to already know that!
guess i missed that detail...... but its not that first one i missed. :(   well dang, that just changed my plans for the rest of the year.

harv a second faster? i would need to see it to believe it.... and thanks CJ for posting the video's. i see you always post the ones i dont win!  thats FUNNY! :P

so i guess i will be in maxville, full force! ::)
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

derek330

so exactly WHERE do i find this info on the series lasting till december??
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Scott270r

Shawn,


Do you have the second half of the series schedule info? Derek and I thought the season was down to the last 2 races coming up, and that he pretty much had too big of a lead to lose at this point. But obviously, if there are 7 more races to go in the fall then that is not the case at all.

If the schedule is still up in the air, can I lobby for at least a couple to be at Jasper? It really is the nicest track on the schedule, the facilities are fantastic and it has a great concession stand also.  :ThumbsUp.gif
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

Gulley421

Quote from: derek330 on May 19, 2010, 02:43:59 PM
so exactly WHERE do i find this info on the series lasting till december??

"UPDATED SDTA 2010 FLAT TRACK SCHEDULE & ADDITIONAL INFO" Its on this topic page since the begining of the season. That's one of the reasons I could not run for points this year, racing during the fall is out of the question for me with my new business venture (haunted woods/warehouse). Plus, I'm slow. Its going to be a long season.


*2009 SDTA Pro/Am Champion*

Scott Gulley Customs
Wicked Scare Productions Inc.
Outpost Cycles

2 wheeled flat tracker

Derek,
We have been reminding everyone at the riders meetings since the first of the yr when we posted the schedule and it should be posted on the forum and I'm also sure it was addressed in one of the first emails listing our schedule. You are the only one that assumed the points series ended at the summer break. I talked about it at the Jasper riders meeting as well, remember I brought up the question about going to the Amateur Nationals in Duquion and right after that I mentioned the 2nd half of the points series would start in mid Sept. Oh well you just have to change your signature to future 2010 Open Quad points series Champion unless Cabana or Ware have something to say about that???

derek330

well i guess i have selected hearing and reading. LOL oh well, my ONLY regret is if i would have known this, jasper would have turned out differently! i would have got me some new tires but i thought we were done. oh well..... im bout to blow out the visa! gearing up for another series within a series. :( great..........
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

cj

Quote from: 2 wheeled flat tracker on May 19, 2010, 01:07:34 PM
Chris,
These videos are awesome thank you very much for taking them and taking the time to post on youtube, how much damage did your engine suffer? I heard it was catastrophic.

S.M.

I'm glad you liked the video's, I like to have them to look back on, and for set up corrections.
I havn't had time to pull it down yet,but it blew the cases out,from the front bottom of the cylinder to down and around to the crankshaft centerline.
I cant complain much we have been running that bike almost five years with out any problems,I have been expecting a failure,and have been gathering parts to build a real engine.
I had planned on having the new engine in for that race,but I didn't get some of the parts in time.

cj

Quote from: cj on May 19, 2010, 04:57:41 PM
harv a second faster? i would need to see it to believe it.... and thanks CJ for posting the video's. i see you always post the ones i dont win!  thats FUNNY! :P

so i guess i will be in maxville, full force! ::)



Jonathan H. wasn't a second faster their just screwing with ya,he was running really well ,but about .5 sec slower than open.
As far as posting the one's you don't win,there is just more of those to choose from that's all !! ;)

[/quote]

Scott270r

Quote from: cj on May 19, 2010, 04:57:41 PM

As far as posting the one's you don't win,there is just more of those to choose from that's all !! ;)


We'll, Derek has won 3 of the 5 events this year. You were at Sumter and also at Ocala Thunderbowl, 2 of the 3 that he won and it would have been cool to see those video's as well. That's all, I guess you just didn't video those events as luck would have it.

On another note, I had a hard time believing anyone could go a full 1 second faster than anyone else in the Open class. That class is just too competitive, I don't think there has EVER been that big of a difference in speed in the Open class from 1st to last place.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

derek330

i just talked to harvin. hes getting ready to switch to the open class. but says he might finish the int. class for points. or maybe race both? get'er done! ;D

CJ, i cant see anything when im in front. i got a perfect veiw of second. LOL :P
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

dirtysouthmotorsports

has enybody herd enything about a youth quad class???? i shure would rather run in it then git whiped by harvin every race

2 wheeled flat tracker

Youth quads are welcome at every SDTA event, unfortunately there has not been any showing up.

Shawn

dirtysouthmotorsports

o ok well i hope we have sum show up.....that was some good racin in jasper  hope it is just as good in maxville

LIL_JOHN14

Tyler,

I'll be at maxville for the Youth Quad class and i think their is one or 2 more that are showing up.
Mystic Motorsports #3

dirtysouthmotorsports


HillKiller

Quote from: LIL_JOHN14 on May 20, 2010, 12:23:35 AM
Tyler,

I'll be at maxville for the Youth Quad class and i think their is one or 2 more that are showing up.

    That's a sweet lookin' ride you have there!  ;)
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

derek330

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Scott270r

Quote from: HillKiller on May 20, 2010, 01:25:39 AM
Quote from: LIL_JOHN14 on May 20, 2010, 12:23:35 AM
Tyler,

I'll be at maxville for the Youth Quad class and i think their is one or 2 more that are showing up.

    That's a sweet lookin' ride you have there!  ;)



Yes I would agree, I can't wait to see it out on the track.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]