Relocated Joe

Started by Paul_S, April 11, 2010, 11:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

We had a squatter (Cottonmouth Joe) by the old mud drag. We shoo'd him away a couple of times, but he liked that spot and kept coming back, so we relocated him to a pond away from the property. Very cool guy  ;D


trx#9

Where theres one, theres more.  :o
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Paul_S

Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 11:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more.  :o

LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.

john450r

Thats why i dont ride in the mud

trx#9

Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 11:36:44 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 11:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more.  :o

LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.
Cottonmouths are quite aggressive, I've been chased before.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Paul_S

Quote from: john450r on April 11, 2010, 11:50:16 PM
Thats why i dont ride in the mud

LOL, you just don't like getting dirty.

Paul_S

Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 11:54:57 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 11:36:44 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 11:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more.  :o

LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.
Cottonmouths are quite aggressive, I've been chased before.

This was a real snake...not Anoriginals trouser variety, I remember that night you got chased by it out of the Fuzzy Pickle.  :o

Chillinthemost

I've relocated a few of those myself. I usually relocate their head to a different location than the rest of their body.    ALL snakes are bad.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

trx#9

Quote from: Paul_S on April 12, 2010, 12:00:29 AM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 11:54:57 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 11:36:44 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 11:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more.  :o

LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.
Cottonmouths are quite aggressive, I've been chased before.

This was a real snake...not Anoriginals trouser variety, I remember that night you got chased by it out of the Fuzzy Pickle.  :o
Yeah i remember, he can't handle liquor to well.  ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

duroc825

Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 11:36:44 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 11:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more.  :o

LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.

HA! I guess somebody never told the one that chased my bush hog tail wheel while I was mowing a couple years back. Or the one that was on dry ground and came at me as I unlocked my pasture gate, or the one that tried getting in my boat years ago fishing in Double Branch Creek in Upper Tampa Bay, or the one that came swimming toward me while swimming at Silver River. Yeah mostly Myth!  ???

Paul_S

Quote from: duroc825 on April 12, 2010, 12:44:47 AM
Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 11:36:44 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 11:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more.  :o

LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.

HA! I guess somebody never told the one that chased my bush hog tail wheel while I was mowing a couple years back. Or the one that was on dry ground and came at me as I unlocked my pasture gate, or the one that tried getting in my boat years ago fishing in Double Branch Creek in Upper Tampa Bay, or the one that came swimming toward me while swimming at Silver River. Yeah mostly Myth!  ???

Yup, it's mostly a myth. I have been working in the swamps for a few years now and watched tons of them swim away. Never seen one swim at a human.  Even Joe was no problem being moved.

Chillinthemost

 They must not like the taste of Englishmen. I'm with Mike, the ones I've come in contact with were not running away.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Paul_S

Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 12, 2010, 01:11:31 AM
They must not like the taste of Englishmen. I'm with Mike, the ones I've come in contact with were not running away.

They don't necessarily run away, usually they will try to make it back to the water or swim away, but if you are between them and the water, they will usually hold their ground. They sure aren't scared of you, that's for certain.  ;D

Turboderf

#13
Killem  >:D

firemanjim

I have been chased a few times by those nasty bastids,I usually show them what a 12 gauge can do.....plus with having my 8 year olds around I just killem,don't take any chances
proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
lookin for members in Jax area

Motoplex_Hitman

Thanks for relocating him for us Paul.  As most everyone else that has posted on this I'm not a big fan of 'em.
TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS

Paul_S

LOL, we aren't big on killing things at the plex...but don't want any one to get hurt either, that's why we moved him off the property. He was a pretty cool snake though.

Motoplex_Hitman

Quote from: Paul_S on April 12, 2010, 03:04:51 AM
LOL, we aren't big on killing things at the plex...but don't want any one to get hurt either, that's why we moved him off the property. He was a pretty cool snake though.

I'm all about not killing things.   But I wouldn't really consider ANY snake pretty cool.   ;D
TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS

mud guy

That's just a Florida Banded Water Snake, looks like a moccasin but it's not. You'll know a moccasin when you come across one they are very aggresive..... The Plex is crawling with Water Snakes, I'm sure there are some moccasins but all the snakes I have ever seen up there are simply water snakes.....

Paul_S

I agree most of the snakes at the plex are banded water snakes. This guy was a moccasin though. See how buoyant he is, he glided on the water, the water snake normally sinks a bit more. He also had vertical pupils, where the water snakes pupils are round.

Most snakes in the water at the plex and everywhere are just harmless water snakes...everyone comes up and says I saw a moccasin, but they are not.

Turboderf

Good snake or bad snake i still say relocate them to heaven

DALEQUAD

Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 12, 2010, 01:11:31 AM
They must not like the taste of Englishmen. I'm with Mike, the ones I've come in contact with were not running away.

yeah....ummmm they dont have legs....  ??? ???
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

Motoplex_Hitman

Quote from: DALEQUAD on April 13, 2010, 02:37:10 AM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 12, 2010, 01:11:31 AM
They must not like the taste of Englishmen. I'm with Mike, the ones I've come in contact with were not running away.

yeah....ummmm they dont have legs....  ??? ???

rolback1   lol
TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS

Ida_Mann

I'm with Chillen, I usually relocate their head to a different place and leave the body wiggling there for a while
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com