Any beaches to ride ATVs on in Florida?

Started by Dellanini, June 26, 2005, 11:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dellanini

We're visiting in Florida for 3 weeks and will be going thru withdrawals from riding our quads . . .

We most often ride dunes at Pismo Beach, but we also ride trails at Hollister Hills, Gorman & Jawbone Canyon.  *All in California.

We'd need to rent quads in order to ride.  So far, in the few minutes that I've been surfing, I've not found anything.  We'd appreciate any information that you would be willing to share about rental quads and locations to ride in Florida.


Florida, here we come!
Richard & Lori

qt314nfla

I believe you can rent tem in New Smyrna.  Only thing is that you can only ride them down the strip that the cars drive.  Also, you have to keep them under 5 mph.  So basically you can cruise the beach to look at scenery but that's it.  The quads they have are 250cc at the biggest.  Good luck, they hate us ATVers down here.

500runner

hint  if you like to ride ATVs  DONT MOVE TO FL !!!!!!  say in C.A!!!

SlowPoking400ex

there is a place outside of croom you cant rent quads to ride.

eric


Jellie400

Good luck trying to find anywhere to rent quads here in FL, especially any where good to ride, you can go to GA to durhamtown but not here in FL

apkkfx400

Daytona Beach has quad rentals-like mentioned above it is a 5mph cruisin' speed-you'd probably better off spending money on a jet ski rental.

Dellanini

 :)  We really appreciate all of the responses.  How sad that there is seemingly no place to rent/ride quads.   :o  :-[  :'(

NO, we won't be moving to Florida.  We simply visit family every other year.  They come here on the "other" years.   ;D

In the meantime, if any other information comes to mind, please post it for us.  We'll be there Wednesday afternoon and look forward to the hot, humid Florida sun! :)

Thanks again,
Richard & Lori


qt314nfla

WELCOME! All it takes is one good ride then bam your hooked, I have a bud in jax that is renting atvs pm me if interested. 

I just read this it was posted on another thread by: BIGWORM3699
Thought it might help you.  Good luck, have fun on vacation.

americanhighlander

I know this place very  well. ;D

if you  own a atv for your self,but this is best  beach atv riding place in
Fl and it hads over 17miles of beachs.I have seen atvs,jeeps,4x4 trucks,go there in winter  not alot people in winter go there.you will start riding  from  indian pass  to cape bias,they are called 4x4 permits
i talk to one of the  people  that owned rv park and they said  it's like 25$year for permits and you have go to gulf county courthouse.I know where  go to courthouse it's in port st joe.but they have nicer beachs over there and water is very great over there.So don't go into water off shore it's the shark mating season over there. ;D
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Numkut

Basacally FL sucks for riding, I'd like to move to Georgia or Tennessee...
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

FTR44C-REP

You guys that think Fl sucks for riding obviously havent heard of FTR.  Race a Hare Scrambles one weekend and tell me Fl sucks, you're crazy!
http://www.floridatrailriders.org/
FTR 44C-OPEN
C RIDER REP
954-784-7666

iceman69

I AGREE, I RACE IN THE FTR AND I HAVE A BLAST RIDING IN FLORIDA.
James  Z400  83B in FTR
ReBecca  250 Beartracker
Brett  250 EX HONDA
Jammer  Powerwheels

kreed5821

Quote from: Numkut on July 04, 2005, 05:08:02 PM
Basacally FL sucks for riding, I'd like to move to Georgia or Tennessee...

Come on up,  bud. 
[url="http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/kreed5821/kreedlogo2.jpg"]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/kreed5821/kreedlogo2.jpg[/url]

Thrasher

ahh...but they are just visiting florida, not moving here...

I have some friends that live/ride alot up in CA, they have a website, who knows, when ya'll get back home, hookup with these cats for some some riding, www.atvobsession.com they like the rubicon a lot.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Southern4x4

Quote from: Numkut on July 04, 2005, 05:08:02 PM
Basacally FL sucks for riding, I'd like to move to Georgia or Tennessee...
I agree it sucks riding down here.
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

mudnuri

Where are you going to be? Floriduh is big. If you are anywhere near Palm Beach County, I have a few you can borrow and will take you riding on private land.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

mudmonkey

Quote from: 500runner on June 26, 2005, 09:30:35 PM
hint if you like to ride ATVs DONT MOVE TO FL !!!!!! say in C.A!!!

u do know that this is atvFLORIDA!! right?
[url="//myspace.com/atvracer9210"]myspace.com/atvracer9210[/url]

MY 2010 SPONSORS
East Coast Performance
Modded Motorsports
Presision services of Jax.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com