Pratice at Thunderbowl; Sunday March 21, 2010

Started by stgsali, March 11, 2010, 03:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stgsali

I'm trying to get a practice event going for 21 March. I'm working on particulars right now and should have more info up tonight. The track will be prepped and should be a good day for tuning and practice. If anyone is interested we might be getting the TT track prepped too, just depends on how many riders want to come out and play. Anyway, I'm working on setting this, so, if you'd like to come out and get sideways email me at stgsali@bellsouth.net. I'd like to see 15 to 20 riders out there!.
Happy St. Patty's Day!
Richard.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

Orangecycle1

Looks like a no RAIN sunday, might bring the CR500 and do a little gearing/jetting, If the track is smooth enough.
david
orange cycle
Hoosier Tire Dealer
1985 CR500 Framer
2008 ATK/Cannondale 450FT Quad
2008 ATK/cannondale 450FT Motorcycle
2002 Honda CRF450 DTX
Parts discounts to SDTA and SSQSA Members

Rflattrackmatt


Orangecycle1

Matt, I think you should change your handle from Rflattrackmatt to Fasttrackmatt since you are getting to darn fast, time to run the money class.
david
orange cycle
Hoosier Tire Dealer
1985 CR500 Framer
2008 ATK/Cannondale 450FT Quad
2008 ATK/cannondale 450FT Motorcycle
2002 Honda CRF450 DTX
Parts discounts to SDTA and SSQSA Members

stgsali

OK, here are the particulars. Linda has informed me that the riders that pay for practice will get a free hamburger or hot dog, with all the fixins', or both. She will get the track together so it should be in better shape than it has been. I will find out what kind of shape it is in before the 21st and if need be I'll go down and prep it.

For all you tt riders, here is your chance to get some time in with the flat-trackers. Everyone will get the seat time they want. Gate will open at 11am and we will be shutting it down before sundown.

Nate, how about you and Chuck bringing some Speedway bikes!
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

supervcycle

sorry the corners are not right for speedway bikes at the thunderbowl. speedway bikes are more for a oval track not a paperclip.
if the straightaways were half the length they are now you probably could but as they are now a speedway bike would go way too fast for such a small turn. would probably hit the wall.
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

stgsali

Well, that just deflated my sails. Well, how about you guys coming to practice anyway? I want to try the shocks with the softer springs and change the fork settings. One thing at a time so I know what is working and not working. Plus, I may have a 19 inch rim and tire I'm going to adapt to it. I want to try some of the softer compounds out there.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

supervcycle

we'll see, don't have any of that desposible income stuff anywhere and haven't had it for a while!

nate#38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

2 wheeled flat tracker


Orangecycle1

I think it is this weekend, last weekend with all the rain we received was underwater.
Hoosier Tire Dealer
1985 CR500 Framer
2008 ATK/Cannondale 450FT Quad
2008 ATK/cannondale 450FT Motorcycle
2002 Honda CRF450 DTX
Parts discounts to SDTA and SSQSA Members

2 wheeled flat tracker

Duh I just went back and read the date, good luck and have fun. Did you get new shocks for the beast yet?

S.M.

stgsali

So, how many plan to show up tomorrow?
Dave, I'm going to take some different shocks to try. You can try the ones on my bike and see if they work for you.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

Orangecycle1

What time are you planing tomorrow? Looks like rain in the afternoon. Have you looked at the track? David
Hoosier Tire Dealer
1985 CR500 Framer
2008 ATK/Cannondale 450FT Quad
2008 ATK/cannondale 450FT Motorcycle
2002 Honda CRF450 DTX
Parts discounts to SDTA and SSQSA Members

stgsali

Linda, told me that she has been working the track. Well, maybe not her but her guys. I'm going to get there as early as possible. I want to be there no later than 10 am.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.