mill dam(onf)

Started by bftclub, June 14, 2005, 01:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bftclub

anybody have info on this place.?heard some guys out at holeylands talking about it and they say you can rent trailers to sleep in and ride from there into forest..is this fact or fiction?????????

bftclub

mill dam group site,i believe is what they said...

NPRVinson

I stay there pretty often, going this weekend ;D I've heard you can ride out of there but never seen anybody do it, you would have to ride down the side of S.R.40 for a couple miles to a trail. It is a 4 minute drive east on 40 to where we drop the quads at FR 597. It's no Elite Resort but not bad.

jjamesbar

#3
Quote from: bftclub on June 14, 2005, 01:15:54 AM
anybody have info on this place.?heard some guys out at holeylands talking about it and they say you can rent trailers to sleep in and ride from there into forest..is this fact or fiction?????????

ive heard that da mtg man has stayed there several times. he liked the place and rode out of it.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Da_Mtg_Man

you can ride out of there and the trails are fantastic. They have a mobile home park next to the camp trailers and they don't want you riding through the park so I ride about 500 yds west down 40 (be sure to stay in between the power poles and the picket fence) jump back into the park at the west entrance and loook to your left. Wala, you're in the woods.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

jbbj220

Mike, can you give directions to this place, and do they have a web site? ???

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

Da_Mtg_Man

http://www.milldamlake.com/rv.html

It is on 40 about 4 miles west of 588 (road to big scrub)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

v303x

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 15, 2005, 12:15:39 PM
you can ride out of there and the trails are fantastic. They have a mobile home park next to the camp trailers and they don't want you riding through the park so I ride about 500 yds west down 40 (be sure to stay in between the power poles and the picket fence) jump back into the park at the west entrance and loook to your left. Wala, you're in the woods.

Sorry, but I'm confused.  Say you are at the Mill Dam gas station, which way do you go?  Do you ride the trails north or south of 40?  Around the lake?

I have made it to the Mill Dam Store from Big Scrub.  Awesome ride, lots of water.  Don't know for sure how legal it is for ATVs.  My bike is plated.

Cheers,

David

Da_Mtg_Man

From the gas station go west about 500yds, ride North of 40 and around the lake,There are trails everywhere.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

v303x

Got it, thanks.

Cheers,

David

bigsteve

We've rode from Big Scrub to Mills Dam. And fill up at the gas station And take A break. Like it was said before there is A lot of water. After A good raning It's hard to get though the trails. But there is no problem when it is dry.

As far as the rentels I wondered about the same thing. I heard you could. So I don't know.
"IT'S OK TO BE CRAZY! JUST DON'T LET IT DRIVE YOU INSANE!
04 CRF 80
05 LTZ 250
05 KFX 100
05 KFX700 (You know GREEN is faster so don't ask!)
03 Mojave
04 CRF 250
07 RMZ 250
05 DRZ 400

Router

Hey Guys, I stay there quite often, u can rent trailers
(around 65.00 a night) I was there last weekend.

Prairie Master

I was going to delancey... but we're going to mill dam on friday instead
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: broncoman on June 23, 2005, 01:35:14 AM
I was going to delancey... but we're going to mill dam on friday instead

I used to stay there alot but for $20 a night more you can stay at Elite resorts and that place is sweet. I've never had roaches crawling on me while sleeping at Elite.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Prairie Master

I stayed there last time but its hard to pack up the toyhauler to bring the atvs to a nearby trail. Elite resort is miss leading on there advertisement of atv trails
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

NPRVinson

The bad thing about Elite is you have to book a cabin two months ahead. I rather stay there too but can't make plans that far in advance. ;D

mudhawg

i live in umatilla and would like to know where mill damn is,i just moved here so not quite sure
700 sportsman 30inchmudlites tech4 exhaust,lift kit,clutch kit,dobeck control box

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: NPRVinson on June 23, 2005, 03:59:53 PM
The bad thing about Elite is you have to book a cabin two months ahead. I rather stay there too but can't make plans that far in advance. ;D

Very true....



Mill Dam is on hwy 40 about 5 miles west of 588 on the north side of the road
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

bftclub

is this place also called ocala national park campground...which has the same directions as your giving........to crowded,didn't like leaving my stuff there while riding down side of highway to get into forest area....wish rangers would power-up big scrub.would make alot of money,to put back into repairing trails