Can I ride double with an added seat?

Started by ranger x, February 24, 2010, 04:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranger x

We are from out of state and have two kids that ride with us on the back of our atvs. I have those Kimpex add on seats and want to find out if I will pass. ::)
Looking at everyone saying the cops love to write tickets I dont want to make it an expensive trip. :(

Gato

no they are not allowed now how strict I cant tell you I stoped going when they passed the law
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

GrizzlyBear

Florida law says if the unit was designed for one rider, only one rider allowed.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

asmart82

I ride two up all the time but I only ride on private land.

ranger x

Thanks. I Know that in the U.P you can not ride double but in MI here everyone does it. Not a big deal

FL Rider

I was at Delancy last weekend and 90% of the people were riding 2 up on single seaters.  I do not think it is enforced.

ranger x

Thanks, Im not out to break laws but i can not take two extra atvs with us. Not enough room in the toy hauler.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com