Definition of a bad day - broken bat update

Started by buythisatvstuff, February 03, 2010, 11:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buythisatvstuff

Ok here's the resolution. AFter I sent in the severly cracked bat to Demarini they examined it and said it will be replaced. I was just going to call them today since it's been over a week and I hadn't received a shipping statement with tracking number. As I went to their site to get the number my son yells there's a delivery. Yep, they replaced it with a brand new bat......... only better. The bat I originally purchased was the 2009 Voodoo Black. They sent me the 2010 CF4 Pitch Black Plus  :o  retail on this bat is $400. Yeah, I'm happy. Things turned out just fine  ;D
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

Sleazy_Rider78

Glad everything worked out.  Thats great customer service.  On another note....I can't believe bats have gotten that expensive. I remember when I played baseball in high school, bats started to eclipse $200 and I thought that was outrageous.  I remember it was the Easton ceramic bat that came out for $200.  Does anyone use Easton bats anymore?
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

buythisatvstuff

Easton bats are huge at the fields where our girls play. Most high dollar bats are now full composite either 1 or 2 pieces. Each brand offers something a little different and of course claims theirs is best. I didn't buy Easton because they didn't offer the ltw drop I wanted for bats for my girls, and I found some great deals on the Miken and DeMarini bats.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

digginfool

Not a big fan of the Easton two-piece bats.  We had gone from Louisville to an Easton Stealth CNT.  One day during batting practice, the tone of the bat went from a 'tink' to a 'thunk.'  Immediately, my son started complaining that something was wrong with the bat; the balls weren't going as far.  I downplayed it and made him finish the season.  This past fall season, I noticed he wasn't hitting as far and one day I took the bat from him, shook it and felt a rattle in it.  I grabbed the bat at each end and it flexed about 1/2" in the middle.  It was broke right at the joint.  That's when I bought him the Combat B2.  The power and the smile are back.  We still use the Easton for batting practice but eventually, the barrel will seperate from the handle and it will be a $240.00 pile of carbon fiber and aluminum.  :(  So, to answer your question, the Easton is a really good bat but it does have that weakness.  I was told I was one of the lucky ones; most Easton bats snap at the joint in the dugout from some clod stepping on it.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

buythisatvstuff

My older girl's team uses Easton 1 piece composite bats almost exclusively with great results. The new bats my daughters got are all 1 piece composite bats. Combat makes very good bats too. I'm excited to break in this new CF4. I told her if it was heavier I'd want it for myself  ;)
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !