ATVFlorida Toys For Tots Run

Started by jwscroll, June 23, 2005, 10:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwscroll

Okay Marines, I need your help getting some contact info so's we can get this thing rollin'.
Action's speak louder than words, petitions, and even money in my eyes. So it's time to take some action/
We need to put together a toy run/ride to be held twice a year either at Ocala ( my preference) or Croom.
I tried contacting the local Abate chapter to no avail, so I'd like to go straight to the source so to speak and find out what we need to do to make this work.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

qt314nfla

Let me know how I can help your cause.  I'm already trying to help the marine's cause by sponsoring Devildog55's unit and collect money to send them all phone cards to call home.  I'm always interrested in seeing what I can do to help others.
Doc B

jwscroll

By the end of this weekend I hope to see a little more enthusiasm.
Come on ppl, I know there's some retired jarheads who can help me w/some info on this site.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

jwscroll

I need to know if anyone is willing to participate before I do a whole bunch of work on this. please post here if you would like to participate in a Toys for Tots ride sponsored by ATVFlorida to be held at Ocala. You only need to bring 1 unopened toy to the ride and you would be doing a child a christmas favor.
I need to know how many serious people would be interested.
Judging from the post about Augusts ride we could have a good turn out for one of these.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

jjamesbar

it all depends on the weekend but im interested. we (a lodge im a member of here in jacksonville) collected toys and raised over $500.00 for toys for tots last year. if im free ill be there.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

mudhawg

let me know im in umatilla,so 10 minutes from ocala,im in thanks
700 sportsman 30inchmudlites tech4 exhaust,lift kit,clutch kit,dobeck control box

spacerider

jw - Let me know what I can do I, I am in the naval reserve and knows someone who works for h-d here. I want to ride for the kids , how about getting those bracelts made up like they would say ATV TOYS 4 TOTS  or maybe t-shirts made up too or maybe call the local newspaper and let them know also pick a date and run with it , I know things come up but you can please everyone all the time but I will make every effort I can to do the run and help you out , just let me know
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

Grizzlygirl

Sorry we can't be there,
    But every year we do donate $150 worth of toys to the American Childrens Society through Girl Scouts
          Mama Grizz

jbbj220

I will be there with a toy, let me know date. I think this is a great idea.

   Jim,

   
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

jwscroll

Okay, the first ATVFlorida Toy Run is going to be part of the Eureka Dam ride on Aug. 6 at Ocala National Forrest. See the Eureka Dam Group ride thread for more details and directions.
It would be nice if I had a general idea of how many people will be bringing toys so I can bring a big enough trailer.
T-shirts will be made available, details forthcoming.
For those that cannot attend this ride, I hope to schedule at least 2 more runs in different locations so as to get everyone involved.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

MuddyGurl101

I would have no problem starting one down south!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

jwscroll

As I've posted on other threads concerning this I'll fill in this one.
I will be selling the T-shirts at the ride,$7 for those with a toy(cost of shirt) and $10 for those that would just like to make a donation. If you want XXL or bigger PM me so I can order them.
The design is in the photo forum under Toy Run T-shirts.
I will be making an order tomorrow, favorite colors can be ordered. If you do not preorder it will be first come first serve at the ride.
All toys and proceeds from the shirts will be donated to the Arnold Palmer Childrens Hospital in Orlando.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

jbbj220

jwscroll, I would like a shirt, XL gray with the design on the front no pocket. If all of this is not ok then be sure I get an XL.

I will see you at the ride and I will bring a toy.

Thanks for your hard work,
   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

dreth

if im cleared to ride then i will be there ;) i think this is a good way to get the word out that we as atv riders are good people! way to JW ;)

spacerider

Jon - I like the one big design in white possibly on a red or blue shirt , thats just my opinion either way I would like a medium    If there is anything you might need me to do help let me know I would like to help
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

mudhawg

we have a group ready to ride just bring the shirts lol
700 sportsman 30inchmudlites tech4 exhaust,lift kit,clutch kit,dobeck control box

spacerider

Jon - If not to much trouble I would like a medium in blue   if not I will take a medium in whatever you got 



Ride till you reach the stars.......................

spacerider

Jon - I do not think i will have the bike choppered at the time of the ride   but hey if it is done you know i will be there at the collection point with ya
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

MuddyGurl101

South Florida Toys for Tots:

We are going to continue the toys for tots for the South Florida in Holeylands. I want to do it after the summer but before holiday season. Let me know what everyone thinks!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

jwscroll

I'll be there. Fortunately I live in central Fl..
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Grizzlygirl

Let us know when and we will be there. Also I have a contact for t-shirts if you want them
  Mama Grizz

MuddyGurl101

Alright. I think I am getting with jwscroll on the shirts. I need a month that would be better for everyone!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

Grizzlygirl

Ok but lets do it when the bugs are not so bad.
       Mama Grizz

spacerider

Muddygrl - How about in Oct ?  That might be good   right before the holidays and it might just be a few degrees cooler as well .  What do you think ?
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

MuddyGurl101

Ok mid or late October? Late October is will be a little bit cooler than in mid October.
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

spacerider

second or third weekend in oct would be great
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

Quadzilla

I'm in (with toy).. just let me (us) know when

Thanks,
Brian  ;)
01 rancher all stock......for now!

jwscroll

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com