Raced in my first FTR HS race.

Started by bseckel, January 03, 2010, 08:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bseckel

Ok well The TampaBayridindirty.com racing team, well 2 of us raced in the FTR XC race at Brooksville yesterday. This was our first FTR race that I have ever ben to or raced. I raced in the Opec C class and my teammate raced in the senior quad class. so Row 6 and 7  starts. Compared to what I raced before I was very excited By the turnout for this race. More comp. is always better to me. The course was great and marked very well. For those who raced this race. I was the one stuck on the tree on a slight downhill for like 10 min. Stupid me!! anyway I came back and finished 2nd after a protest and they checked the written scores. It was a great race and I will be racing FTR again. Deffinatly racing the whole schedule next season. Thanks to all the people who ran this race, and the other racers. There was alot of riders that let me pass with no problems.

B Seckel - #93C

duroc825

#1
"Keep up the numbers and the bike guys will have to "like" us, that is if we really cared!  ;)"

Please keep in mind who the backbone of these races are. Bike guys.
For those of you who are too new to remember, the bike guys don't have to like us and will get rid of us if we don't help. Everything you experienced was from volunteering. Do your quad mates a favor and find a club close to you and help them get a race ready and help host it.
THAT is how the bike guys will like us.


Andy9933

Quote from: duroc825 on January 03, 2010, 06:09:41 PM
Welcome to the FTR! More and more quads every race. Row 7 has finally gotten big enough to start making changes to the rows. 3 classes used to fit in one row, yesterday they moved Vets up to another row and 7 was still packed! Keep up the numbers and the bike guys will have to "like" us, that is if we really cared!  ;)

I would say it was a great experience, everyone we talked to was nice. Pointed us in the right direction.
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

gearhead400

Stuck sucks, always makes me miss my 400ex with reverse. Good to hear attendance is up AND getting better.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

mudnuri

"Keep up the numbers and the bike guys will have to "like" us, that is if we really cared!  ;)"

Please keep in mind who the backbone of these races are. Bike guys.
For those of you who are too new to remember, the bike guys don't have to like us and will get rid of us if we don't help. Everything you experienced was from volunteering. Do your quad mates a favor and find a club close to you and help them get a race ready and help host it.
THAT is how the bike guys will like us. Your quad buddies will love you!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

ScooterB

We had a good Quad turnout (127) thanks for coming and racing.

We also had some notable entries
Chris Borich
Adam McGill
Johnny Gallagher
Jeff Pickens
Traci Cecco
Jennifer Albright

See everyone ay Myakka

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

gearhead400

Wow all those pro's at one event? Dannnng
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

ScooterB

yes and on Sat in the AM race Borich and McGill raced on 2 wheeles  :o in the beginner class on some small Kawasaki 110's
Borich was leading the beginner class the first lap 8)
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

mudnuri

That must have been awesome to see!!
And your new vp suggests we do away with the Quad AA class LOL!!
It's a shame there isn't nary a peep on the FTR forum about it.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

gearhead400

That would of been awesome to see!! I don't know why they would get rid of AA, doesn't make sense to me.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

mudnuri

The AA class is not going anywhere. It was just some phooey Jack Terrell had put together that never went anywhere. The quad numbers are up and growing.  ;D
Too bad Kiser and Ballance didn't show up.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Shawn

Quote from: mudnuri on January 06, 2010, 07:24:21 AM
The AA class is not going anywhere. It was just some phooey Jack Terrell had put together that never went anywhere. The quad numbers are up and growing.  ;D
Too bad Kiser and Ballance didn't show up.


They were at the Florida Motoplex practicing
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

DALEQUAD

Quote from: Shawn on January 06, 2010, 07:27:17 AM
Quote from: mudnuri on January 06, 2010, 07:24:21 AM
The AA class is not going anywhere. It was just some phooey Jack Terrell had put together that never went anywhere. The quad numbers are up and growing.  ;D
Too bad Kiser and Ballance didn't show up.


They were at the Florida Motoplex practicing

to me, race speed is faster than practice speed
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

duroc825

I was backup scoring when they came through and honestly as funny as it may seem it wasn't a good idea for them to do that. They had no #'s and kinda screwed us up when they came through. I recognized McGill's name on his jersey and thought this is just what we (quads) do NOT need at a Suncoast Trailblazers event (not real quad friendly in my opinion). I personally thought it was a riot, especially when I saw one of them blowing by other bikes around the lake! Some in the FTR didn't think it was that funny.  :dunno.gif Guess they'll get over it right!

gearhead400

As long as they weren't screwing up the flow for other riders enough to where it was annoying, why would they care? lol some people need a sense of humor. Anyone get any pics?
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

mudnuri

I think FTR is blessed to have the #1 racer in XC at one of their events. It would be nice if everyone felt this way but, I guess some don't care because it is not a 2 wheeler racer?
You said it duroc, Suncoast is not know to be quad friendly but, they accommodate. I wish I could have been there. I had to work which I am thankfull for
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

ScooterB

They were not holding up any races so I see no foul there. But I agree they sould have had #' on the bikes.

I think having guys like this at ANY event is great. I know I saw at least 20 kids talking and shaking hand with these guys and girls, that maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity for our youth riders.

I race bikes, but i sure love seeing the AA and A Quads go off the line.

I know how tough some of these courses are on 2 wheels, I dont see how you guys do it on 4. My hats off to ya all!!
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

gearhead400

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Sarasota EX

I was impressed that Borich  ran almost all the beginer race and the jumped on his quad and won the AA race. He did not slow anyone down he was even passing junior B riders. It was fun to watch.

gearhead400

Those pro's are in shape dude, jason lyons does that too most of the time too. Utes in the am and A in the pm. I could finish both races but probably not at the front of the pack in the pm
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com