Honda 300 brake problems

Started by MiamiE, January 01, 2010, 09:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiamiE

Ok this is for my red TRX 300 which has a 250 rear in it. I cant find anything in my 300 manual on this but here goes. My 300 has no front brakes which I have given up on fixing. The rear brake works when I push the lever, in the picture you can see it, forward. My question is this. What can I do to get the emergency brake to work knowing this information? I figure I need to somehow get one of those pieces back inside the lever. Correct? Thanks again for the help guys. I really want to get this thing running!

1988 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4
25" Vampires

1988 Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4
25" Stockers

Mars

#1
Go here:
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1989-honda-motorcycle-trx300-fourtrax/o/m2586

You may need to click on "siwtches" to see the brake lever parts.

You need the locking lever and related parts. Looks like #22-32. Just a guess as we cannot see the brake lever on the bars.

The lever for the rear brake in your photo has two slots one for the cable off the foot lever one from the brake/park cable from the left hand lever.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.