Ballance and Kiser enter the fray

Started by Paul_S, January 03, 2010, 07:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

9 time GNCC world champion Bill Ballance, Taylor Kiser and a few others visited the plex today.

Bill said he and Taylor were interested in teaming up and coming down to the endurance race later this month.

bseckel

yeh BUDDY!!! Borich is down here also. He was at the FTR race on saterday!!

Andy9933

Quote from: Paul_S on January 03, 2010, 07:04:19 AM
9 time GNCC world champion Bill Ballance, Taylor Kiser and a few others visited the plex today.

Bill said he and Taylor were interested in teaming up and coming down to the endurance race later this month.

What kind of team is that.lol They can only run half the race so we can catch up
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

NYRAPTOR


Shawn

Quote from: Andy9933 on January 03, 2010, 09:46:23 AM
Quote from: Paul_S on January 03, 2010, 07:04:19 AM
9 time GNCC world champion Bill Ballance, Taylor Kiser and a few others visited the plex today.

Bill said he and Taylor were interested in teaming up and coming down to the endurance race later this month.

What kind of team is that.lol They can only run half the race so we can catch up


Speak for yourself, I plan on making them earn their spot.
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Andy9933

#5
Quote from: Shawn on January 03, 2010, 11:45:51 AM
Quote from: Andy9933 on January 03, 2010, 09:46:23 AM
Quote from: Paul_S on January 03, 2010, 07:04:19 AM
9 time GNCC world champion Bill Ballance, Taylor Kiser and a few others visited the plex today.

Bill said he and Taylor were interested in teaming up and coming down to the endurance race later this month.

What kind of team is that.lol They can only run half the race so we can catch up


Speak for yourself, I plan on making them earn their spot.


LOL you better step it up
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

pancho07yfz450

Quote from: Paul_S on January 03, 2010, 07:04:19 AM
9 time GNCC world champion Bill Ballance, Taylor Kiser and a few others visited the plex today.

Bill said he and Taylor were interested in teaming up and coming down to the endurance race later this month.

That be awsome if they came down.

YFZ450-Tampa

This Pro and Pro Am guys are just too fast, seen the ones race yesterday on the FTR event, is just a dream to get even close to them, including the girls
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Shawn

Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on January 03, 2010, 04:07:43 PM
This Pro and Pro Am guys are just too fast, seen the ones race yesterday on the FTR event, is just a dream to get even close to them, including the girls


They started with the dream 8)
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

bseckel

a dream when they were 16 and fast even then.

duroc825

Shawn, nuthin wrong with dreams but man them guys are scarry fast. Most of all very experienced on top of the line equipment. I know you are fast and experienced but if you try and compete with them you'll probably end up going home home  :'(  like a little girl either from shame or injury! Remember, riding to them is like you wiring an outlet. Entirely different level man.

Shawn

Quote from: duroc825 on January 03, 2010, 05:59:14 PM
Shawn, nuthin wrong with dreams but man them guys are scarry fast. Most of all very experienced on top of the line equipment. I know you are fast and experienced but if you try and compete with them you'll probably end up going home home  :'(  like a little girl either from shame or injury! Remember, riding to them is like you wiring an outlet. Entirely different level man.


Thanks for the support. I know that I stayed with kiser for 3/4 of a lap, he was no more than 50 yards ahead of me and then i got tired. tHEY HAVE CRAZY ENDURANCE which is what gives them speed. The top of the line equipment and bottomless wallets is what helps them keep that level of endurance. Think how fast you could be if it was only a 5 mile race, well they train so much that to them it is only a 5 mile race.
I intend on trying to get to their level. If money wont permit this then I will just settle for beating them when they come to florida
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Paul_S

Those boys were very fast.

With a bit of time and experience Shawn might be close.

I have no idea of their practice pace...versus race speed, but they flew around the 7 miles, my buddy Jeff Walt from Walsh (he was the quad rider with the fastest time at the last endurance race) went flying in behind them about a minute and a half behind and came out only 40 seconds behind them. Like I said, they could have been cruising...I know Walt was pinned..lol.   

I don't think Shawn is dreaming, he is aspiring.  ;D

Andy9933

Quote from: Shawn on January 03, 2010, 06:59:09 PM
Quote from: duroc825 on January 03, 2010, 05:59:14 PM
Shawn, nuthin wrong with dreams but man them guys are scarry fast. Most of all very experienced on top of the line equipment. I know you are fast and experienced but if you try and compete with them you'll probably end up going home home  :'(  like a little girl either from shame or injury! Remember, riding to them is like you wiring an outlet. Entirely different level man.


Thanks for the support. I know that I stayed with kiser for 3/4 of a lap, he was no more than 50 yards ahead of me and then i got tired. tHEY HAVE CRAZY ENDURANCE which is what gives them speed. The top of the line equipment and bottomless wallets is what helps them keep that level of endurance. Think how fast you could be if it was only a 5 mile race, well they train so much that to them it is only a 5 mile race.
I intend on trying to get to their level. If money wont permit this then I will just settle for beating them when they come to florida


Check this video out. It will make you sick on how true that is. He only has 6-8 bikes LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwEZTuxu-JE
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

Andy9933

Quote from: Shawn on January 03, 2010, 04:48:52 PM
Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on January 03, 2010, 04:07:43 PM
This Pro and Pro Am guys are just too fast, seen the ones race yesterday on the FTR event, is just a dream to get even close to them, including the girls


They started with the dream 8)

GO FOR IT. Its still just a dream for me.
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

SlowJoeRacing

there is way more than 6-8 bikes there
~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS

Andy9933

Quote from: SlowJoeRacing on January 03, 2010, 08:07:41 PM
there is way more than 6-8 bikes there

Just trying to make a point that not everyone has to choose witch bike thay want to ride ;)
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

Anoriginal

Chillin said he's coming and he's bringing hell with him for those boys.


Even if it's on that old rag he rides.

BBBBRRRRAAAAAPPPP!
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

RTR_380/450R

Quote from: Shawn on January 03, 2010, 06:59:09 PM
Quote from: duroc825 on January 03, 2010, 05:59:14 PM
Shawn, nuthin wrong with dreams but man them guys are scarry fast. Most of all very experienced on top of the line equipment. I know you are fast and experienced but if you try and compete with them you'll probably end up going home home  :'(  like a little girl either from shame or injury! Remember, riding to them is like you wiring an outlet. Entirely different level man.


Thanks for the support. I know that I stayed with kiser for 3/4 of a lap, he was no more than 50 yards ahead of me and then i got tired. tHEY HAVE CRAZY ENDURANCE which is what gives them speed. The top of the line equipment and bottomless wallets is what helps them keep that level of endurance. Think how fast you could be if it was only a 5 mile race, well they train so much that to them it is only a 5 mile race.
I intend on trying to get to their level. If money wont permit this then I will just settle for beating them when they come to florida

Keep putting in the time and you can do it brother!!!
These guys are right though! The pros are at a whole different level.
I have ridden with Kiser on motocross tracks alot. Even though I was just as fast, after the first 2 laps, you
could tell why he is a pro. He was just as fast on his 10th lap as he was his first.
We would battle back and forth for a couple of laps but by the time we got into about 5 laps, he was
30 bike lengths ahead of me or better.
They started just like you though brother!!!  ;)

jt
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

duroc825

Yo Chillin, need any more team members? Gonna have a fresh motor in about 1 more week and thinkin about makin the haul up there.

duroc825

Quote from: RTR_380/450R on January 03, 2010, 08:40:41 PM
Quote from: Shawn on January 03, 2010, 06:59:09 PM
Quote from: duroc825 on January 03, 2010, 05:59:14 PM
Shawn, nuthin wrong with dreams but man them guys are scarry fast. Most of all very experienced on top of the line equipment. I know you are fast and experienced but if you try and compete with them you'll probably end up going home home  :'(  like a little girl either from shame or injury! Remember, riding to them is like you wiring an outlet. Entirely different level man.


Thanks for the support. I know that I stayed with kiser for 3/4 of a lap, he was no more than 50 yards ahead of me and then i got tired. tHEY HAVE CRAZY ENDURANCE which is what gives them speed. The top of the line equipment and bottomless wallets is what helps them keep that level of endurance. Think how fast you could be if it was only a 5 mile race, well they train so much that to them it is only a 5 mile race.
I intend on trying to get to their level. If money wont permit this then I will just settle for beating them when they come to florida

Keep putting in the time and you can do it brother!!!
These guys are right though! The pros are at a whole different level.
I have ridden with Kiser on motocross tracks alot. Even though I was just as fast, after the first 2 laps, you
could tell why he is a pro. He was just as fast on his 10th lap as he was his first.
We would battle back and forth for a couple of laps but by the time we got into about 5 laps, he was
30 bike lengths ahead of me or better.
They started just like you though brother!!!  ;)

jt

Well not "just" like him. More like 10-15 years younger than him!  ;) Just messin with ya Shawn!

400exhonda

PAUL I HAD A BLAST AS USUAL WATCHING BALLANCE AND KISER TEAR UP THE TRACK AND TRAILS CATCHING THEM WAS NOT HAPPENING BUT RIDING WITH A PRO WAS FUN LEARNED ALOT COME HOME SAFE AND I WILL BE THERE TO HELP SATURDAY

Shawn

A few of you from above have made my point very clear and I thank you for that. I know what level they are on, im not stupid, lol. I know im getting a late start and i know that it is a pipe dream but if you dont try youll kick yourself later wondering.....what if? Im aiming for the XC1 class but if i come up short for whatever reason then i can live with that. But I can tell you this, Im not going down without a fight. Im not scared of their speed nor do i think its unattainable. Now come on mom and win that lottery
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

DALEQUAD

john natalie has run some gncc's an has lead the pro class at times, but lap 3-4 is where the xc guys make you pay with their training, i think shawn has the ability to run with them on the first couple laps and with some physical training and with a reliable machine or two he could compete for some wins
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

Ride1Rob

We've been saying for years if we ever wondered if we could keep up with those guys (Pros). I remember back in the day when there were very skilled FTR riders that would show up on our Speed rides and couldn't keep up. Dreth, you've been in training for the last few years. Although some of the trails are alot tighter the only thing you need is the race experience on that level. Every time we rode it was a race lol. Good luck buddy  ;) .
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com