wheel spacer question

Started by wilburz, June 17, 2005, 02:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilburz

anyone ever use these type of wheel spacers or know of someone? Are they any good? Bad?
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.crjperformance.com/3atvspacers.html
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

sanddragon2004

The problem with wheel spacers like that is moving the wheel so far away from the spindle will put more load on the bearings making them wear out faster, it will also change the geometry of the steering since you are moving the wheel away from its pivot point. I would recommend against them long term.

SSRancher

I would go with the aluminum spacers from highlifter they look to be stonger than just studs.  Just my 2 cents.
03' Rancher with lift, 26" vamps, clutch kit, jet kit,  warn un-locker, ramsey 2500lb, front spool locker, k&n filter, conferderate flag
98' Chevy S-10 4x4

8up

My friend has those on his polaris 700. HE has had no problems with them so far. I have dura blue carbons on mine and i like them.
Mine
04 Rancher 26 vampires,HL lift,snorkel,424,ids2,k&n
Old Ladys
05 Rancher ES 26 outlaws,424,k&n

Truegrit

Quote from: SSRancher on June 19, 2005, 12:50:10 PM
I would go with the aluminum spacers from highlifter they look to be stonger than just studs.  Just my 2 cents.

I second you on this. I you are going to use them stick w/ the aluminum ones. The graphite ones (durablue) tend to crack a lot from what I have seen.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

1fastltr450

go to rockymountain and get the g0force spacers 65.00 for the front and 65.00 for the back they are aliumiun. I got them all the way around my bike and I like them.
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

Patriot

I have the aluminum spacers on the back of my raptor and I have had no problems.