3wd brute force?

Started by outindeltona, December 01, 2009, 02:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outindeltona

well,i just picked up a 08 650i brute.has 10 hrs on it and is in very good shape..all except the 4wd system.2wd works like it should,switches to 4wd-and will only spin the front left wheel when i hold in the locker lever.right front acts like theres nothing attatched to it.the cv doesnt spin,no resistance when i jacked it up and spun it either.with both fronts off the ground,they spin independantly-the left will lock in and try to spin the rears sometimes though.i havent been inside the front diff yet,but was wondering what could be broken?is there some sort of planetary gear on the right side output?i tried to move the cv where it goes into the diff,and its tight and wont wiggle.

sgtbandit

That sucks, but I think alot of themare like that, check with the shop. I think someone pionted out mine that did that.
Brute Force 650I Vipor 3000 winch, Ric-full under armor, kemplex wife carrier, web catchers, 27" swamp lites, miller Lite, extreme snorkel, mud industries snorkel tips.

outindeltona

I ended up getting a whole new front diff to fix it.I haven't actually replaced it yet though,been too busy riding it!!!