Guy lost in the Everglades

Started by IXIswamperIXI, November 18, 2009, 10:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Anoriginal

#1
I hope he turns up too. But, that is wierd. He's hunting in or around the Bear Island unit from the description given. There isn't any place in that area that you can't stop, listen and hear the interstate. Should be easy to always find your way out.

The glades are not something to toy with. You better know what you're doing when you head in. Take it lightly and it'll bite you back.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Anoriginal

They found him earlier today. He's okay.

Lucky man!
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

AintSkeered

I'm sorry. I know how easy it is to get lost out there, but, he's got to have a chromosome missing or something. There are landmarks by and night, not to mention the legal and illegal OHV trails. And, how much did that dumbass cost taxpayers?  He should be embarrassed and ashamed.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

foreman1

That was search was massive , I was hunting out there since last sunday.
Tuesday morning I knew something was up when all the Helicopters ,Collier Sheriffs , Park Service ,
FWC and others started running north on Turner River Rd. At first I suspected an accidental shooting , when I went to town to get gas I found out it was a reported missing hunter search.
Thursday night , many felt this would not turn out good. Friday morning I was by the road at 11:45am and there were several media trucks headin north to Bear Isalnd , figured a possible conclusion to this good or bad.

Turned out with the aid of a search dog , he was found alive.
Miracles do happen .

All said and done ,this could've been fatal.
He supposedly went into the woods with only soda and a shotgun ..


Now the book deal and an appearance on Oprah.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Ida_Mann

I've lost count of how many people out in the good ole days of Ocala I would come across who had no clue where they were, or thought they were 5-10 miles from where they actually were
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com