Walsh Racecraft 6 Hour Team XC Race Chat

Started by stag4, November 09, 2009, 10:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stag4

sounds good, loved the last 1! just a question/suggestion on the classes though...Paul you might remember us, we come up with bill (hitman) I have a Honda dirtbike, my cousin has a Honda 4 wheeler...and our only issue last race was the classes, we are beginners at racing but experience i guess with riding in general, so when we entered in, and won the fun/family/beginner class we were called "sandbaggers" and what not...yet if we entered the offered "combo class" we would have gotten destroyed by Team Walsh Racecraft, who won overall and dropped the fastest lap times in the race...so i am just suggesting maybe a combo A and combo B or something along those lines, therefore teams like Walsh Racecraft can race and actually compete with other combo teams of their level in the Combo A, and teams like us intermediate 1s can actually compete with each other in the Combo B...there fore no one in the fun/family/beginner is getting stomped on by intermediate rideres, and neither is anyone in the combo class by very fast and experienced riders...just a suggestion though, i don't know if you even planned on running a combo class this time, but look forward to seeing you at this race, motoplex is my favorite place to ride   :)

Chillinthemost

I think a entry into the fun/family/beginner class should not have any (450 class) race bikes on the team. They should be UTEs or 400cc and below.
  If the turnout gets big enough then I'm sure more classes could be added.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

stag4

Quote from: Chillinthemost on November 10, 2009, 12:12:44 AM
I think a entry into the fun/family/beginner class should not have any (450 class) race bikes on the team. They should be UTEs or 400cc and below.
  If the turnout gets big enough then I'm sure more classes could be added.

yes that would make sense, i dont know if you were at the last race, but there was enough turn out for a "combo" class to be added so there was, but there was a very advanced team in that "combo" class so intermediate/beginner teams like us couldnt even stand a chance in that class...just a sugestion though, because my cousin and i, who i race with are both beginners at racing, but we were called "sandbaggers" and stuff at the last race, so I dont want that to happen again, nor do i want to be in a class that we dont stand a chance

Chillinthemost

Beginners at racing and beginners at riding are not the same thing.
It is tough only having 3 classes for quads because I am definatly not a beginner but my old arse cant run with the pros either so I'll see you in intermedate.  ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Paul_S

Hey Stag, how you guys doing?

More riders = more classes.

stag4

Quote from: Paul_S on November 11, 2009, 12:22:48 AM
Hey Stag, how you guys doing?

More riders = more classes.

good and yourself?
but okay, sounds good cant wait for the race  :)

DALEQUAD

why is the pro-am class entry $100 and everyone else $50  ??
is there a payout for that class??
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

Paul_S

Quote from: DALEQUAD on November 15, 2009, 01:32:26 AM
why is the pro-am class entry $100 and everyone else $50  ??
is there a payout for that class??

See above flyer  ;)

Shawn

I might just have to enter in the pro am and bring home da bacon 8)
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

oooooh

 

yes that would make sense, i dont know if you were at the last race, but there was enough turn out for a "combo" class to be added so there was, but there was a very advanced team in that "combo" class so intermediate/beginner teams like us couldnt even stand a chance in that class...just a sugestion though, because my cousin and i, who i race with are both beginners at racing, but we were called "sandbaggers" and stuff at the last race, so I dont want that to happen again, nor do i want to be in a class that we dont stand a chance
[/quote]

I wouldnt worry about people calling ya'll sandbaggers. I dont think any of the teams knew what clas to run. there arent enough classes to split  people into equal speeds. I think the turnout would be better if there were more organization, like starting on time and actually running 6 hours on a course that the length is what is statedon the flyer.Im thinking also that people are not wanting to run a 20 mile lap. the last one was only 11.8 mile according to my GPS. and it didn't change distance on any of the laps I ran

Paul_S

Quote from: oooooh on November 15, 2009, 01:05:29 PM


yes that would make sense, i dont know if you were at the last race, but there was enough turn out for a "combo" class to be added so there was, but there was a very advanced team in that "combo" class so intermediate/beginner teams like us couldnt even stand a chance in that class...just a sugestion though, because my cousin and i, who i race with are both beginners at racing, but we were called "sandbaggers" and stuff at the last race, so I dont want that to happen again, nor do i want to be in a class that we dont stand a chance

I wouldnt worry about people calling ya'll sandbaggers. I dont think any of the teams knew what clas to run. there arent enough classes to split  people into equal speeds. I think the turnout would be better if there were more organization, like starting on time and actually running 6 hours on a course that the length is what is statedon the flyer.Im thinking also that people are not wanting to run a 20 mile lap. the last one was only 11.8 mile according to my GPS. and it didn't change distance on any of the laps I ran
[/quote]

I don't think too many people didn't attend because they knew the race was going to start 24 minutes late. Course size point is well taken though. Shawn and myself ran that course on a rhino the night before and clocked it at 19.8 miles. I have heard 7 different mileages from 7 different people since then. I am not saying you are wrong, you may well be right. We used that particular course layout by mileage estimates and we could have been off. Next one, I will use a little more of the park.

There was 14 teams and 6 classes.

The reason a couple of people were unsure of which class to run is that they are first time racers and or first time racing on a team.

bseckel

to me the 11.8 mile's sounds about right. I didnt think it was 20. miles but that really didnt matter the course was AWSOME and I am sure that paul and crew will make another great course for the 6 hr in Jan. I dont think that there needs to be classes broken up to combo or Bike/ quad classes. At the last SSQSA race I started a row in front of the Dirt bikes and he couldnt catch me. I dont think it matters bike or quad. It depends on the rider.

Shawn

How about keeping it simple
quad pro am. A, B, C
bike Pro am, A, B, C
Utility
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

duroc825

Quote from: Shawn on November 15, 2009, 06:34:46 PM
How about keeping it simple
quad pro am. A, B, C
bike Pro am, A, B, C
Utility

There ya go! You ole MX guys do have some smarts huh?
How bout this:
Quad AA, A, B, C (all open cc's)- 2 rows
Bike AA, A, B, C- 1 row
Utility & Junior (14-16 yo) if needed- 1 row
For a total of 4 rows
Similar format seems to work good for other Florida series.


Paul_S

Quote from: duroc825 on November 16, 2009, 03:42:59 AM
Quote from: Shawn on November 15, 2009, 06:34:46 PM
How about keeping it simple
quad pro am. A, B, C
bike Pro am, A, B, C
Utility

There ya go! You ole MX guys do have some smarts huh?
How bout this:
Quad AA, A, B, C (all open cc's)- 2 rows
Bike AA, A, B, C- 1 row
Utility & Junior (14-16 yo) if needed- 1 row
For a total of 4 rows
Similar format seems to work good for other Florida series.


Classes are updated on the following link: http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,40601.msg450265.html#msg450265

Motoplex_Hitman

I saw the new classes, but what about the mixed, Bike & Quad?
TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS

Shawn

Quote from: Motoplex_Hitman on November 17, 2009, 01:51:04 PM
I saw the new classes, but what about the mixed, Bike & Quad?

With only needing 2 riders per team it should be easy to make a same machine team. If you have a bike/quad team vs a quad team or 2 bike team you will have people say that it is not fair. Its not a highly practiced thing anywhere for that matter.
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

400exhonda

#17

SOUNDS FUN PAUL WE WILL SEE WHAT ME AND MATT CAN DO

Chillinthemost

Quote from: 400exhonda on November 17, 2009, 11:49:22 PM
400's and below after a season of racing in that class you should have to move up to next class i get whole shot at every start but i know when i move up next year i will be around more riders and challenges

I dont see where there is a 400 and below class.

  I do think though that the winner in beginner should have to move up to C next race. Winner of B up to A.  I understand not knowing where to start but after a race the lap times tell where you should be.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Motoplex_Hitman

Quote from: Shawn on November 17, 2009, 11:02:08 PM
Quote from: Motoplex_Hitman on November 17, 2009, 01:51:04 PM
I saw the new classes, but what about the mixed, Bike & Quad?

With only needing 2 riders per team it should be easy to make a same machine team. If you have a bike/quad team vs a quad team or 2 bike team you will have people say that it is not fair. Its not a highly practiced thing anywhere for that matter.

Understand, but I can think of 2 cases for my point. The wife has a quad & I will ride the bike. Plus, my friends that come up are cousins & 1 is on a quad while the other is on a bike.
TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS

Chillinthemost

Quote from: Motoplex_Hitman on November 18, 2009, 04:47:47 PM
Quote from: Shawn on November 17, 2009, 11:02:08 PM
Quote from: Motoplex_Hitman on November 17, 2009, 01:51:04 PM
I saw the new classes, but what about the mixed, Bike & Quad?

With only needing 2 riders per team it should be easy to make a same machine team. If you have a bike/quad team vs a quad team or 2 bike team you will have people say that it is not fair. Its not a highly practiced thing anywhere for that matter.

Understand, but I can think of 2 cases for my point. The wife has a quad & I will ride the bike. Plus, my friends that come up are cousins & 1 is on a quad while the other is on a bike.

You just solved your own problem. You race with one of the cousins and your wife races with one.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Motoplex_Hitman

TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS

400exhonda

CHILLINTHEMOST I MEANT AFTER A SEASON NOT JUST ONE RACE WICH IS A YEAR  BUT I SEE WHAT YOUR SAYING GUESS PAUL WILL HAVE A CHALLENGE ON THIS ONE

flahondafam

Quote from: bseckel on November 15, 2009, 01:30:04 PM
to me the 11.8 mile's sounds about right. I didnt think it was 20. miles but that really didnt matter the course was AWSOME and I am sure that paul and crew will make another great course for the 6 hr in Jan. I dont think that there needs to be classes broken up to combo or Bike/ quad classes. At the last SSQSA race I started a row in front of the Dirt bikes and he couldnt catch me. I dont think it matters bike or quad. It depends on the rider.
Like brian said it doesn't matter the rider makes the difference not a dirt bike or quad

greenmachine

Ya'll are just lucky I dont bring the old KFX400 up there!!!!!! ;)

duroc825

Quote from: flahondafam on November 19, 2009, 01:03:40 AM
Quote from: bseckel on November 15, 2009, 01:30:04 PM
to me the 11.8 mile's sounds about right. I didnt think it was 20. miles but that really didnt matter the course was AWSOME and I am sure that paul and crew will make another great course for the 6 hr in Jan. I dont think that there needs to be classes broken up to combo or Bike/ quad classes. At the last SSQSA race I started a row in front of the Dirt bikes and he couldnt catch me. I dont think it matters bike or quad. It depends on the rider.
Like brian said it doesn't matter the rider makes the difference not a dirt bike or quad

David Knight would question that theory!  ;D

Shawn

Quote from: duroc825 on November 21, 2009, 01:31:18 AM
Quote from: flahondafam on November 19, 2009, 01:03:40 AM
Quote from: bseckel on November 15, 2009, 01:30:04 PM
to me the 11.8 mile's sounds about right. I didnt think it was 20. miles but that really didnt matter the course was AWSOME and I am sure that paul and crew will make another great course for the 6 hr in Jan. I dont think that there needs to be classes broken up to combo or Bike/ quad classes. At the last SSQSA race I started a row in front of the Dirt bikes and he couldnt catch me. I dont think it matters bike or quad. It depends on the rider.
Like brian said it doesn't matter the rider makes the difference not a dirt bike or quad

David Knight would question that theory!  ;D




So would bill ballance
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

400exhonda

hey paul cant wait to race my new sponsor got me the new hd helmet cam cant wait to try it out

Paul_S

Combo Bike-Quad class added, it will have one bike, one quad...it's a $50 per team trophy class.  ;)

Shawn

Quote from: Paul_S on November 22, 2009, 01:49:03 AM
Combo Bike-Quad class added, it will have one bike, one quad...it's a $50 per team trophy class.  ;)


Skill doesnt matter, just 1 bike, 1 quad.
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Motoplex_Hitman

Trophy class. It's all about having fun.  ;D
TEAM MOTOPLEX FREAKY FLYERS

stag4

Quote from: bseckel on November 15, 2009, 01:30:04 PM
to me the 11.8 mile's sounds about right. I didnt think it was 20. miles but that really didnt matter the course was AWSOME and I am sure that paul and crew will make another great course for the 6 hr in Jan. I dont think that there needs to be classes broken up to combo or Bike/ quad classes. At the last SSQSA race I started a row in front of the Dirt bikes and he couldnt catch me. I dont think it matters bike or quad. It depends on the rider.
Quote from: flahondafam on November 19, 2009, 01:03:40 AM
Quote from: bseckel on November 15, 2009, 01:30:04 PM
to me the 11.8 mile's sounds about right. I didnt think it was 20. miles but that really didnt matter the course was AWSOME and I am sure that paul and crew will make another great course for the 6 hr in Jan. I dont think that there needs to be classes broken up to combo or Bike/ quad classes. At the last SSQSA race I started a row in front of the Dirt bikes and he couldnt catch me. I dont think it matters bike or quad. It depends on the rider.
Like brian said it doesn't matter the rider makes the difference not a dirt bike or quad

yeah bike or quad dosnt make a difference, the point of the combo class isnt to gain an advantage of having a bike and quad, its so if you have a bike and your riding partner has a quad you can still run together on the same team

Chillinthemost

 I was just wondering? Anoriginal is wanting to have a team but he rides a Harley with a side car and his partner has one of those Can Am spiders. He doesnt want to remove the side car for the race, would this be a problem?
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Paul_S

#33
Quote from: Chillinthemost on November 29, 2009, 03:12:34 AM
I was just wondering? Anoriginal is wanting to have a team but he rides a Harley with a side car and his partner has one of those Can Am spiders. He doesnt want to remove the side car for the race, would this be a problem?

I got this picture of Anoriginal


Anoriginal

Oh, relax Chillin...you can just wear your chaps and ride on the back like you usually do.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

duroc825

Quote from: Paul_S on November 29, 2009, 03:22:16 AM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on November 29, 2009, 03:12:34 AM
I was just wondering? Anoriginal is wanting to have a team but he rides a Harley with a side car and his partner has one of those Can Am spiders. He doesnt want to remove the side car for the race, would this be a problem?

I got this picture of Anoriginal


WOW! He can reply to this but not the thread about the other site!  :( Just pitiful I say.

Anoriginal

Quote from: duroc825 on November 29, 2009, 10:38:11 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on November 29, 2009, 03:22:16 AM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on November 29, 2009, 03:12:34 AM
I was just wondering? Anoriginal is wanting to have a team but he rides a Harley with a side car and his partner has one of those Can Am spiders. He doesnt want to remove the side car for the race, would this be a problem?

I got this picture of Anoriginal


WOW! He can reply to this but not the thread about the other site!  :( Just pitiful I say.


????
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Chillinthemost

Training for this event is going great. I'm up to 8 beers a day. When I started I could only do 5, hope to work up to 10 before the event.
I also think that I have all the holes plugged in my tires but just to be sure I filled them all with tennis balls and I'm going to borrow a chain and some handlebars from my neighbor for the race. Then if we can get the old rag jump started I'll put in my lap. ;D
  Git it Rag :drive.gif
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Shawn

Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 15, 2009, 01:59:12 AM
Training for this event is going great. I'm up to 8 beers a day. When I started I could only do 5, hope to work up to 10 before the event.
I also think that I have all the holes plugged in my tires but just to be sure I filled them all with tennis balls and I'm going to borrow a chain and some handlebars from my neighbor for the race. Then if we can get the old rag jump started I'll put in my lap. ;D
  Git it Rag :drive.gif


Thats better than me...............this is what im ridin
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

The above pics show what happens after 1 Pro Am race :D :D :D :D :D Now i need a beer 8)
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Chillinthemost

Is that Hondas new hovercraft? Must be smooth in the rough stuff. ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Shawn

Now that T2 is racing the 6hr xc race on the 30th of Jan he needs a fast teammate................................what up fellas?
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

400exhonda

SHAWN HOPE THINGS GET BACK TOGETHER SOON  HOPE TO SEE YALL JANUARY  MAYBE THE TRACK WANT BE SUBMERGED LIKE THIS WEEKEND WE STILL HAD A GOOD TIME


Shawn

My race bike wont be back together until around jan 10th 2010 but my practice quad is still alive ;)
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206