how many of the ftr races are

Started by Shawn, December 07, 2009, 12:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

held in cow pastures with fresh cow turds on the course?
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

duroc825

14 events a year
13 events in cow pastures, even had one with Buffalo pies last year!
1 event at GATORBACK, no pastures, no cow pies

YFZ450-Tampa

Gatorback, one of the best HS tracks ... specially if is dry
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

bseckel

Buffalo pies.....hmmmmm that had to be Myakka. Thats the only place where I have seen buffalo so far.

Shawn

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

miker

Lets not forget the pucker factor driving 50 feet of RV and trailer, into these pastures, with 8 inches of sugar sand all the way there. 

ScooterB

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

bseckel

#7
SSQSA raced at Myakka and had Buffalo Dung around and last season at L-cross. it is all over. No matter where you race the start will most likely be in a pature and have cow or buffalo dung. Just how it is down here I guess.

bseckel

I am happy about that. On Long Island where I am from it was illegal almost everywhere to ride and my friend that still lives up there has to travel 6 hrs to a great place to ride.

mudnuri

#9
Most of the races are held on Cattle ranches. Many have no clue what it takes from the rancher to move the cattle. Now I have been to some ranches where the rancher simply rides his truck or Mule around honking a horn or making some sort of noise and the cows follow him to wherever he goes. :)
Others have to hire out cowboys to move them. It cost us (SEFTR) $1,500 to move them out of the parking and race area and $1,500 to move them back.
Now the rancher is in ranching for profit. Moving the cattle causes weight loss in most cases. To the rancher EVERY pound matters. Some are so smart, they knew how much weight they would loose and factored this into our fee. Sometimes the grazing areas are the same areas we use for racing and camping. I have run over my share of cow poop. Tastes like...poop. I remember when I first got my PowerMadd hand guards. I though they were weak and were more for looks. Until that race where the start was running through some fresh poop and someone was out front pinned and S was flying everywhere! LOL! Except my hands. They were clean. I had Black and White gear. It was polka-dotted with poop and the stains never came out! LOL!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Anoriginal

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.