Thunderbowl Speedway TT racing 11-28-09

Started by cj, November 11, 2009, 09:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cj

Thunderbowl Speedway is having a TT race on November 28.
this will be the first TT race put on with the new track personnel.
we have been to a few of the flat track races,the facility's,have been fixed,and cleaned up,and they seem to be willing to do what's needed to make it enjoyable again.
I would like everyone's input on a TT race schedule for next year.
I'm not sure if they will schedule any more races this year ,I guess it depends on us.
there will also be another SDTA flat track race at Thunderbowl Speedway on 11-21-09.

gate opens at     10:00
practice at      12:00
heats at       2:00

gate fee's   13 and up  $10.00    6-12  $5     6  and under   free


race fee's
peewee     5.00
youth         20.00
adults          30.00
expert$          50.00

Thunderbowl Speedway
7197 nw Gainesville  rd
Ocala   FL    34475

contact for info cj-orv@mail.com
or 352-812-2154

Thunderbowl Speedway   TT race video's
atva  open pro
outlaw  open pro
outlaw  vet -intermediate
outlaw open pro

TT  vet class


TT open pro



TT pro am


TT open pro



TT   woman's  class


TT open pro


TT open pro


TT  intermediate

jayman

Can not promise as of yet but we (Tyler and I ) are going to try to make this race.........will know sometime late next week.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

jayman

here are some more tt pics

youth 400 class





vet 30 class




We had some wonderful times out there, cant wait to do it again!!!!!!  Here is my favorite picture to date.....it is my son on the white atv and me on the yellow, this was on a Sunday practice
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

250rsith

This is great news, will there be a knobby class?
TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25

greenmachine

When I drove up from Tampa to let my son race, the race fees were either $5 or $10 for the pee wees. I think the race prices you have listed are insane. and gate fee was free.
We had a great time and he won the overall on his first ever atttempt at TT, but for those prices probably wont be back. I mean is there a monetary return in each class or just the trophy?
good luck with the new ownership and the track finding what used to make it great.

cj

Quote from: 250rsith on November 12, 2009, 09:38:28 PM
This is great news, will there be a knobby class?

I'm not positive,but more than likely they will,I will find out tomorrow and post it.
they havn't started running karts yet,but if they do it may become a problem.

cj

Quote from: greenmachine on November 12, 2009, 10:30:33 PM
When I drove up from Tampa to let my son race, the race fees were either $5 or $10 for the pee wees. I think the race prices you have listed are insane. and gate fee was free.
We had a great time and he won the overall on his first ever attempt at TT, but for those prices probably wont be back. I mean is there a monetary return in each class or just the trophy?
good luck with the new ownership and the track finding what used to make it great.


those prices were changed by the SDTA for there races,and I agree with you 100%,it's too much for too little
I will be looking into having the same price structure we had there for TT,when Brady and his crew ran things.
the gate fee is the same as it was.
I hope we can bring it back to the way it was,it wont be easy though,between the changing of staff,owner,
and the economy,and this time of year,is usually slower.
I hope you try it again,the mini racers have a blast, my daughter has been wanting to run TT again I love watching her with all those other minis running around.
I'm looking forward to the races,it's been way too long!
I will post up any changes.


cj

Quote from: jayman on November 12, 2009, 09:15:36 PM
here are some more tt pics

We had some wonderful times out there, cant wait to do it again!!!!!!  Here is my favorite picture to date.....it is my son on the white atv and me on the yellow, this was on a Sunday practice


great pictures Jayman,  I like that picture of you and your son sweeping that corner,I would like to have some pictures of my kids with me and my wife racing,maybe next season!
I hope you guys can make it !!

cj

NOTICE } start times and sign up prices have been LOWERED !!

the registration fee's have been lowered for mostly all of the classes.
we will have the same basic class structure and rules as before.
there will be a knobbie class,for those who want to run it,or for any newcomers just giving it a try.

   

cj

Alright the TT race is around the corner,who all is planning on burning off some of the Thanksgiving feasting ?

250rsith

TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25

jayman

Unfortunately we are out  ???   :'(   >:(   >:D

Have fun out there guys and stay safe!!!  Please post some pics of the day so at least I can dream that I was there
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

cj

Quote from: jayman on November 25, 2009, 09:53:16 AM
Unfortunately we are out  ???   :'(   >:(   >:D

Have fun out there guys and stay safe!!!  Please post some pics of the day so at least I can dream that I was there

AHH thats too bad,We were looking forward to having your family there, next time hopefully.

Have a happy thanksgiving,be safe if your going out on the road, we will catch you next time.

koh0001

I think we're coming...going to run the ol' 2 stroke one more time :)
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

cj

Quote from: koh0001 on November 26, 2009, 08:03:52 PM
I think we're coming...going to run the ol' 2 stroke one more time :)

That's good news Mike,it's about time you dusted off that old honda  ;)
I'll hopfully see you in the early afternoon.

jayman

2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

koh0001

There was only  4 of us.....we got about 45 laps in ...1 race, 1 class..only some well needed seat time. Had fun tho..
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

250rsith

Sad to see that only 4 of us show up to support the race(sport).....still had fun...hope next time we get more racers out there!!!!! :ThumbsUp.gif
TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com