5 ft rattlesnake

Started by steelheader13, November 09, 2009, 08:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelheader13

On Nov 7th 2009, (my Birthday, but I am still accepting gifts, Thank you very much HeavyMTL )  :-*

I spotted this snake sneaking into a small palmetto scrub island right in the middle of a friend's private camp. 

This 5 ft Eastern Diamondback Rattler had to be removed from the middle of a friend's camp where a 9 year old boy often plays and had said that he spotted this poisonous snake two weeks earler.

Sad, but true. This camp owner was forced to killed this big snake, and gave me the carcass. He stated he would have never killed this beautiful snake if it were anywhere else. They are best left alone, but he had no choice. 





The business end was removed.

LET'S BE CAREFUL OUT THERE FOLKS, this snake was VERY CAMOUFLAGED, not easy to re-find the second time and kill. It never made a peep.   ???

A snake this size could easily kill a full grown man, not to mention a little boy.

I will STOP THE TREE HUGGERS RIGHT NOW - this snake was killed legally and humanely on PRIVATE LAND.   

This snake was literally walked past daily unnoticed, but it was probably only a matter of time until it bit someone, including a little boy or a beloved pet.

I will not respond to (and, quite frankly do not care about your opinion or views on this subject) so get your peta loving butt barking up a different tree.   

>:D >:D DON'T CARE.  >:D >:D


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'08 Rhino 700 SE

Baileygunns


Chillinthemost

Good job.  Let a tree hugger give that bad boy a big hug :).

I will go out of my way to kill a snake. I almost hate snakes as much as cats.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

renmus

Who gets the belt Steel?  You or the better half???

Anoriginal

Quote from: Chillinthemost on November 09, 2009, 11:46:56 PM
Good job.  Let a tree hugger give that bad boy a big hug :).

I will go out of my way to kill a snake. I almost hate snakes as much as cats.

I'm with chillin. I hate snakes. My favorite ones are the dead ones. And if they eat a cat before I shoot them or cut off their head....even better.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

trx#9

You guy's only hate cats because your not in touch with your feminine side and you have small penises. That's what I heard!  :-*
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

NYRAPTOR

i donate all cats to the asian buffet! ;) i poured gas on a fire ant nest once. let those bass turds see what it feels like. thats what i'm talkin about!!!

Anoriginal

Quote from: trx#9 on November 10, 2009, 01:03:53 AM
You guy's only hate cats because your not in touch with your feminine side and you have small penises. That's what I heard!  :-*

I hate cats.....but love the kitty!  ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Keeter

Quote from: Anoriginal on November 10, 2009, 12:42:21 AM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on November 09, 2009, 11:46:56 PM
Good job.  Let a tree hugger give that bad boy a big hug :).

I will go out of my way to kill a snake. I almost hate snakes as much as cats.

I'm with chillin. I hate snakes. My favorite ones are the dead ones. And if they eat a cat before I shoot them or cut off their head....even better.
rolback1 rolback1 rolback1
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

quad-14

RELOCATION... just a thought

-oh well, too late now.... good lookin snake though
Know Saftey...No Pain
No Saftey...Know Pain

Gato

PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals  ;) steel havent forgot the invite I will pm you when I head up to RR
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Turboderf


caospop

Good job guys. It doesnt matter how the snake was killed. It posed an immediete threat and it was taken care of... Thank God that lil boy didnt find it before you guys did. :ThumbsUp.gif
2007 Polaris Sportsman

IXIswamperIXI

=> NAME: *Expecteria Trouserius* (Trouser Snake)
=> LOCATION: Throughout the world

=> DESCRIPTION: One-eyed, with mushroom-shaped head (other types come with extra layers of skin) Varying from pink to black. Fang-less with a highly venomous spit. (Spit can reach distances up to 2-3 feet) *Size varies from 3 to 12 inches, depending on its mood & sub-species.

=> SYMPTOMS: This snake attacks mainly women in the lower front abdomen, resulting in an inconspicuous bump. Then a severe swelling followed by excruciating pain after nine months. The attack is not usually fatal. Beware: It has been known to attack men in the rear lower abdomen!

=> HABITAT: Usually found in bedrooms, but has been known to appear in the most unusual places.

=> ANTIDOTE: Various types of vaccine available for women. However, once the venom is injected into the body only drastic measures will ensure complete recovery. There is no known antidote for men.

=> WHAT TO DO WHEN ATTACKED

TOURNIQUET: Do not apply a tourniquet as the venom is too deep in the body to be affected.

CUTTING THE WOUND: This would be completely unnecessary and ineffective as the bleeding will stop after a few weeks anyhow.

SUCKING THE WOUND: This method is the most popular with the victim, but so far has not been reported to have led to any success.

=> CONCLUSION: This snake, although it is very aggressive and active, is not necessarily a vermin, and treated with the right respect, makes a wonderful pet.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

djtates125

YOLO!
2006 kingquad 28" mudzilla snorkelled radiator relocated 3000# winch
2005 sportsman 800 rdc 2" lift Clarion headunit with pair of 8" bazooka tubies and amp 30 silverback with super atv foward aarms polaris rear box with bags 5000# wireless venom winch

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

montel


IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

renmus


quadracer1992

Rattlesnakes are one of only 3 poisonous species of snakes in FL. The other 100 or so im fine with, but i dont like rattlesnakes either.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

rzr ridr

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on December 21, 2009, 08:22:32 PM
=> NAME: *Expecteria Trouserius* (Trouser Snake)
=> LOCATION: Throughout the world

=> DESCRIPTION: One-eyed, with mushroom-shaped head (other types come with extra layers of skin) Varying from pink to black. Fang-less with a highly venomous spit. (Spit can reach distances up to 2-3 feet) *Size varies from 3 to 12 inches, depending on its mood & sub-species.

=> SYMPTOMS: This snake attacks mainly women in the lower front abdomen, resulting in an inconspicuous bump. Then a severe swelling followed by excruciating pain after nine months. The attack is not usually fatal. Beware: It has been known to attack men in the rear lower abdomen!

=> HABITAT: Usually found in bedrooms, but has been known to appear in the most unusual places.

=> ANTIDOTE: Various types of vaccine available for women. However, once the venom is injected into the body only drastic measures will ensure complete recovery. There is no known antidote for men.

=> WHAT TO DO WHEN ATTACKED

TOURNIQUET: Do not apply a tourniquet as the venom is too deep in the body to be affected.

CUTTING THE WOUND: This would be completely unnecessary and ineffective as the bleeding will stop after a few weeks anyhow.

SUCKING THE WOUND: This method is the most popular with the victim, but so far has not been reported to have led to any success.

=> CONCLUSION: This snake, although it is very aggressive and active, is not necessarily a vermin, and treated with the right respect, makes a wonderful pet.
rolback1 rolback1 rolback1
[url="//www.floridamotoplex.com"]www.floridamotoplex.com[/url]
WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM
FASTEST SXS AT THE PLEX NOBODY CAN BEAT ME
PAUL AND MATTS BEST FRIEND
I CAN MAKE NEWMEMBER CRAP HIS DRAWS!!