Riding in ditches.

Started by GRAFFIX, October 21, 2009, 12:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRAFFIX

I am new to Florida still not even a resident. I cant find the laws about riding in ditches anywhere. Im in Pasco co.

yfz122

That's because it is illegal!
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

renmus


asmart82


GRAFFIX

That has to be the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard. Why not allow us to ride in ditches if we are licensed and registered??

Anoriginal

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

renmus


GRAFFIX

Wow, I don't think you guys understand what you're missing out on. I come from a state where you can ride your OHV 30 miles to work everyday if you choose. You can ride to the gas station and fill it up, or ride to your local ATV park without having to truck or trailer anything. Of course there are laws and restrictions but wouldn't it be nice to get 80-100 mpg on your ride to work every day. Yes it is illegal but laws can be changed. Especially when there are other states whom are already making allot of money and providing groomed trails from a yearly registration by us.

TNTaylor

You're preaching to the choir.  Florida is not an ATV friendly state.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

Anoriginal

The problem in this state is the long history of moronic behavior associated with ATV use combined with the type of economic environment Florida is famous for. We are our own worst enemies. I've all but given up on the ATV community.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

AintSkeered

While I appreciate the anti-ATV sentiment we've earned, we're not banning boating. By shear volume, boating is responsible for more environmental/habitat destruction, DUIs, injuries, thefts and other criminal activity(including poaching)! And, when you look at the wheel base of many of those OHV tracks in BC, it aint just ATVs causing destruction(off designated trails).
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

GRAFFIX

Thank you, my point exactly. They say that riding on or crossing highways is the leading cause of ATV deaths in Florida. There again, if you don't look both ways before crossing the road on foot, bicycle, motorcycle, or a vehicle would it be any different?? I'm pretty sure you would meet the same fate.

AintSkeered

However, the anti-ATV perception is a reality that we must recognize(vs. denying). Unfortunately, ATV behavior must be responsible to those concerns if we ever hope to gain traction for more riding areas. Deny that and you're part of the problem.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: AintSkeered on October 22, 2009, 11:58:50 AM
While I appreciate the anti-ATV sentiment we've earned, we're not banning boating. By shear volume, boating is responsible for more environmental/habitat destruction, DUIs, injuries, thefts and other criminal activity(including poaching)! And, when you look at the wheel base of many of those OHV tracks in BC, it aint just ATVs causing destruction(off designated trails).
Good point I never thought of it like that  :ThumbsUp.gif
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Anoriginal

I agree as well. However, the off trail destruction is really the least of the problems. Moreover, it is just more prevelant with the ATV community.

Whether we like it or not, we've brought on a whole batch of trouble in the BC. I hate it and think it's another case of 20% giving the other 80% of us a bad name.

Quote from: AintSkeered on October 22, 2009, 12:16:15 PM
However, the anti-ATV perception is a reality that we must recognize(vs. denying). Unfortunately, ATV behavior must be responsible to those concerns if we ever hope to gain traction for more riding areas. Deny that and you're part of the problem.

That hits it right on the head. Well said.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com