10-18-09 went riding @ 8st & 137th ave

Started by 1SIK450R, October 18, 2009, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman03

Raptor-ant  your passion is admirable and i wish you would put that emotion to good use, its obvious that your not in the loop about the whole compatible use issue or Dade counties Comprehensive developement master plan (cdmp) that the planning dept has been working on but anyway I know and feel where you are coming from. I personally have been involved for about 5 years and continue to be in the face of our county, state ,and federal officials about our ongoing EMERGENCY IN DADE COUNTY. The area you are talking about you can see for yourself on miamidade.gov is broken up into many different parcels, and yes alot of it is owned by water mgt. and patrolled by FWC. It is called the Bird Drive Recharge area and from what I have been told will never ever be for ATV's. I can tell you that I too am a rider (sport quad) and would love to see this area as an ATV riding area but it is used to recharge the aquifer and the wells to the south on sw 72st and about 172ave in the middle of that big agriculture field. I encourage you to get involved or lets talk and I will give you a little info on the ISSUES we as enthisiast are facing,the counties plans and what I think is going to happen from all that I have gathered over the years. I was just like you and was not aware of what was involved in opening a ATV riding area. I can tell you the ATV community is mostly at fault for not being able to organize as a club or group to have a show of force!!!!!   If you want to hold a rally or a protest im sure your gonna get plenty of people to show up but thats it. From what I have seen first hand very few are willing to write a letter or get  involved in the least way. I hope we talk just PM me or leave me your # and I will explain. 
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

zman03

By the way Labelle looks really good to ride !!!!!!!! is it dry or just mudd trails? do the cops or FWC ever bother anyone out there?
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

RAPTOR-ANT

I have been out to Labelle about 8 times and no one has bother me or anyone out there.  It is dry, since the terrain is SAND, it does not flood.
2007-Raptor 700R
Barkers Duals
HC Stage II
PC III
Dynatek Programable Ignition
TRF Intake

crom A zone

says its 2 and half hours from my hosue in coral springs    how big is the ridding area?
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Gato

might be interested in Sat I work Sunday the dolphins game
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

1SIK450R

is it farther than bonita springs ...some good riding there but last i heard it got shut down too....i think we should start pm each othere riding spot info so the leos cant see where we are riding when they come on here
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME!!!!

crom A zone

gato u got my number if u wanna go sat up there for a ride let me no we can car pool if u want ill just tell my tat artist he will do my chest on sunday instead of sat lol
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

1SIK450R

im down for sunday I got a couple people that will beriding withme taking a 16ft trailer s theres room for a bike or two
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME!!!!

crom A zone

1sik450r ill keep in contact with u for sunday if i dont go sat ill deff go sunday
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

1SIK450R

COOL NO PROB IF U GO UP THERE SAT AND STILL WANNA RIDE SINDAY WE CAN HIT UP THE HUMP DOWN SOUH IF UR INTERESTED..
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME!!!!

jrpro130

i heard behind the track by the hump is great for sport quads.  the actual hump is no good for 2wd. 
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

crom A zone

yea looks like a getting tat on m chest sat so sunday maybe go ride down south
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

1SIK450R

#37
LET ME KNOW I'LL BE OUT THERE AND YES ITS GREAT FOR SPORT QUADS...HOPEFULLY MY 450 IS READY BY SUNDAY
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME!!!!

Anoriginal

Quote from: 1SIK450R on October 20, 2009, 08:58:33 PM
is it farther than bonita springs ...some good riding there but last i heard it got shut down too....i think we should start pm each othere riding spot info so the leos cant see where we are riding when they come on here

Wow. Real smart. That's exactly the type of image we, the ATV community, want to project.

And we wonder why more and more areas close to us every day. Well, here's why.

:(
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

crom A zone

anoriginal its be ok, yes alot of places gettin shut down so if we play shadow games it will take longer for the cops to find us lol :-*
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

1SIK450R

Quote from: crom A zone on October 22, 2009, 04:27:42 PM
anoriginal its be ok, yes alot of places gettin shut down so if we play shadow games it will take longer for the cops to find us lol :-*

EXACTLY WHY I SAID THAT..I'M ALL ABOUT GIVING  POSITIVE IMAGE...BUT IF WE DONT MAKE IT SO PUBLIC WHERE WE RIDE AT LEAST THE AUTHORITIES WILL TAKE A LIL LONGER TO SHUT DOWN ARE SPOTS BECAUSE THY WONT HAVE AN IDEA OF WHERE WE ARE RIDING AT.
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME!!!!

Baileygunns

I went riding today and had a killer time!!! I haven't rode since the baby was born... Between diaper changes and Family visiting I thought the gas in my tank was going to go bad 2:L


Don't ask me where I went because I wont tell...:no    I'm sure it will piss off someone and they'll tell me how horrible of an ATV enthusiast I am  :d

I'll tell you what though... I was worth it :Approve.gif

1SIK450R

 :no :no :no :ThumbsDown.gif :ThumbsDown.gif

SHARING IS CARING BRO PM ME THE DETAILS
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME!!!!

Baileygunns

No, No... :no

We've already been told PM's give us a bad name. Nobody wants more riding areas to close because of that now do we? :X

Besides, there was a big "NO TRESSPASSING" sign posted right above were I parked my truck.

It never felt so good to be so bad... :M

Anoriginal

Just don't come crying to the rest of us when more places are closed.

Like I said, we're our own worst enemies.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

jrpro130

The illegal places are already 'closed' so us riding them isn't going to get them more "closed".

It's in Miami too, the least of Miami's problems is illegal ATV riding...

It would be one thing if we were riding 3a or Holey Lands, etc...this is land in Miami that has been used by Orv's for years.  It doesn't make it right, but law enforcement has better things to do down there. 
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Anoriginal

It's not about making already closed places "more closed".

It's about projecting a decent image of our sport and its participants. Riding illegally and making it a point to do so only solidifies the poor opinion people have of ATV's and their owners/riders. Most significant are those "in charge" who have such an opinion based upon problems like illegal riding.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

RAPTOR-ANT

Anoriginal,

I agree, a negative image is never good, however would you not agree that they have forced us into hidding?  We are treated as if we were convicts, so much for freedom.
2007-Raptor 700R
Barkers Duals
HC Stage II
PC III
Dynatek Programable Ignition
TRF Intake

AintSkeered

Freedom? We've no right to trespass or place others safety at risk with irresponsible operation of OHVs(blind, unbridled speed, DUI, etc.). We've no right to destroy public lands with litter, reckless operation of your OHV, donut-holes, etc.. Who's going to pay for policing/maintaining public safety(fire/police/FWC) in these public lands? Who's going to pay for environmental maintenance of these public lands(trail grooming, waste managmeent, etc.)? The answer! It's the same taxpayers who insist upon no new taxes, decreasd property taxes, smaller government, yatta-yatta. They want it all free and they want it all now. It's the same taxpayers in Miami who recently supported a 5% across the board salary decrease for all city employees.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Anoriginal

Quote from: RAPTOR-ANT on October 23, 2009, 03:46:58 PM
Anoriginal,

I agree, a negative image is never good, however would you not agree that they have forced us into hidding?  We are treated as if we were convicts, so much for freedom.

Not being a jerk here but no, I would not agree.

Nobody forced anyone into hiding any more than anyone was forced to buy a bike. Illegal areas are just that...illegal. If you don't have a place to ride, why buy the bike? It would be like me buying a snow mobile and then complaining that the State owes me fake snow to ride on.

We have no "right" to ride. It's not taking away any guaranteed freedom when the authorities kick you out of an illegal area or, close off a once legal area to ride. And, when they do so and then ticket you for riding illegally, it's not treating you like a convict. It's enforcing the law. And, when those LEO's enforce the law, it doesn't make them jerks or idiots for not dealing with "real crime". Rather, it means they're doing their job. Plain and simple.  You can bet those LEO's would rather be doing something else than chasing ATV guys off of illegal areas.

Thus far, we've only ourselves to blame for the loss of legal riding areas. The Holylands is a prime example. Sheer stupidity combined with a total lack of self respect and regard for the law closed the Holeylands. The way things are headed, Big Cypress is next.

Until people get it through their heads that we don't have any right to ride and start treating it like the privilege (or gift) that it truly is, we'll keep losing places to ride.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com