Anyone up for a November Croom ride?

Started by NYRAPTOR, October 08, 2009, 06:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRAPTOR

hopefully it will be a little cooler out. any takers? i need to ride.

buythisatvstuff

I'll be camping for Thanksgiving (not at Croom) and most other weekends I'm busy. If you decide on December I'll try to make it. Either way let me know the date and I'll try.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

NYRAPTOR

no problem. haven't picked a day yet. last time i did this a bunch of guys showed up. we had a blast!

Andy9933

I go out to croom all the time, let me know
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

zman03

Croom is my favorite ,Im in if you guys go. I will be coming from Miami 300 miles away 4.5 hour trip but worth every minute and every mile  All I ask is that you dont freak out when you see me kiss the ground when I get there. Its been like a little ritual for me.   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

NYRAPTOR

thats cool. i love croom too! you can't get lost! it might be on a week day though when i go. here are some old pics from many moons ago.

buythisatvstuff

The funny thing is I do get lost  :( Not for long, but I've had to find the fence before to get back. I've been pretty good in recent trips though. The funny part is that I never got lost in ONF . I haven't been to Croom recently, but love it for all the various terrain. I'm way out of practice, but used to love hitting all those hill jumps.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

shogun323

I am there all the time and I always get lost. I think you will be presently surprised when you get there. They have been grooming the main trails now so they are high speed instead of being all wooped out. 
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

zman03

good to hear about the grooming!!!  I ride at a little more aggressive level than most and the one thing that is first and formost is my safety and the the safety of other riders!. I take my ridin serious but my health and wellbeing comes first. I can tell you lots of the people at Croom I have rode by threw the trails I usually also ran into them at the camp sites and they did express their gratitude for our courtesy in the trails by slowing down and letting them go by in an intersecting trail. I have noticed lots of families that go there and ride threw the trails at pretty slow speeds and thats fine! I hope more people will be vigilante and watch out for the slower riders and dont intimidate them or make them feel like their in your way. We are all at the end of the day there to have a good time and leave with good memories. I hope that other people will respect me as much as I give them respect in regards to courtesy in the trails. I see Croom as a place that we are priveledged to have and hope that more people would appreciate it and use this place as an example so other areas in the state can see how properly managed ORV sites are a benefit to the communities they are in!.   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

buythisatvstuff

Quote from: shogun323 on October 10, 2009, 10:06:05 PM
I am there all the time and I always get lost. I think you will be presently surprised when you get there. They have been grooming the main trails now so they are high speed instead of being all wooped out. 

I heard that they were recently groomed, but how long will it remain in that condition ? That place is constantly changing. I wonder how long a good grooming will be noticable.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

NYRAPTOR

one of the main reasons i go during the week is because there is no one out there. the place is empty during the week and the back trails are amazing!

z400250

Quote from: buythisatvstuff on October 10, 2009, 11:36:27 PM
Quote from: shogun323 on October 10, 2009, 10:06:05 PM
I am there all the time and I always get lost. I think you will be presently surprised when you get there. They have been grooming the main trails now so they are high speed instead of being all wooped out. 

I heard that they were recently groomed, but how long will it remain in that condition ? That place is constantly changing. I wonder how long a good grooming will be noticable.

They now have their own tractor and are always grooming the trails!
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]www.tampabayridindirty.com[/url]

z400250

Quote from: NYRAPTOR on October 11, 2009, 09:29:46 AM
one of the main reasons i go during the week is because there is no one out there. the place is empty during the week and the back trails are amazing!

There deff. isn't as many people out there during the weekends as there used to be in prior years!
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]www.tampabayridindirty.com[/url]

NYRAPTOR

yeah i've heard that. i guess with gas prices and other things people are cutting back on riding. sad.... 

bseckel

if you let us know ahead of time what date I would love to go down to croom and ride during the week. Also it would be nice to meet another N.Y. quad rider, even though you ride a yamaha...lol

SpeedQuest

NYRAPTOR you should consider coming to the 2009 SouthEast Raptor Rally at the MotoPlex.  It's being held Nov. 6th-8th.  $30/person for the weekend.

buythisatvstuff

Raptor rally ? Man I'm glad you mentioned this ! I'll go up there and make a ton of money towing those Raptors back to their camps  rolback1

Nah, don't worry Nyraptor, If I can make it I'll be at Croom to tow yours back to your truck  ;)

;D
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

NYRAPTOR

ha ha i still have mr. bones tow strap under my seat!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com