Main Menu

Recon carb

Started by rancher1, October 05, 2009, 05:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rancher1

Is there a trick to get the float valve to stay up in the hole while you put bowl back on?It is a 2000 honda recon 250.

Chevy1500z71

Quote from: rancher1 on October 05, 2009, 05:35:22 PM
Is there a trick to get the float valve to stay up in the hole while you put bowl back on?It is a 2000 honda recon 250.

turning the carb on its side helps. in most cases you should take the carb off of the bike, and have it fully assembled before re installing.

rancher1

I will try that it seems to get hung up any other way I try.             


Thanks........

rancher1

Got my parts in now it seems when I try to put the bowl back on it pushes the floats up into the valve and no gas comes out is there a trick to I have it off the bike and it really is frustrating to keep putting it back on and off again. :banghead.gif