cost of some street signs

Started by Gato, September 22, 2009, 11:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gato

I saw a special like 2-3 days back about how much $$$$ the state wastes on some street signs and they showed a sign a meer duplicate of the one taken down but it said donated by such and such but the state actually incured the cost over $3000 on 1 reflective green highway sign . I saw this sign and had to go back around into the rest stop to snap this picture of a stupid sign and wondered how much was paid for this crap I know we have some stupid people but even the dumbest know to use wipers in the rain if you are driving. That money could get used for something better I think.
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Mudneck

I use Rain X  ;) no need for wipers in a hrd rain :o
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

MadMudder

I know what you mean. There is one on US1 near a neighborhood I pass by allot that says "Drive safely". There is one on both sides of the road. It made me think, well gee, I was planning on punching it and driving 77 through this red light then powersliding into the starbucks and if the truck was still moving point it back out into traffic. Well, I guess that plan isnt going to happen. Stupid sign ruining my day... :banghead.gif

If you want to look for budget cuts, check crap like this out and stop taking it from schools and pensions of firefighters and police.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Gato

that is what they were talking about the fact they want to reduce police and FF'and the fact that 5 of the top paid MDFD are paid over 200K and 1 captain paid over 308K that is to much I think but I am not a FF I never checked but supposedly Rudy Cruz of MDSB was paid over 350K
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

OPPS I didnt mean to post the last one LOL
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

D33411

It won't be Plexico for the next 2 years.  haha  Good one, swamper!

IXIswamperIXI

You know what I don't understand.  Plaxico gets 2 years for shooting HIMSELF (I know it was in a night club) and Stallworth gets 30 days for a DUI MANSLAUGHTER!!! What a messed up judicial system.

Sorry GATO I didn't mean to hijack your thread
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

trx#9

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on September 23, 2009, 02:16:55 PM
You know what I don't understand.  Plaxico gets 2 years for shooting HIMSELF (I know it was in a night club) and Stallworth gets 30 days for a DUI MANSLAUGHTER!!! What a messed up judicial system.

Sorry GATO I didn't mean to hijack your thread
Plaxico got screwed because he was in New York, they have the toughest gun laws in the U.S.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

AintSkeered

#9
How does a thread about alleged waste of money on street signs become a gun-control issue? Start your own thread, please, and I'll be glad to give you this NRA member's opinion of Plaxico's actions vs. DUI manslaughter! Do you really need an explanation?
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: AintSkeered on September 23, 2009, 07:10:41 PM
How does a thread about alleged waste of money on street signs become a gun-control issue?

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on September 23, 2009, 01:29:05 PM
OPPS I didnt mean to post the last one LOL
Do you really need an explanation?  I clicked on one to many photos on photobucket.

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on September 23, 2009, 02:16:55 PM
Sorry GATO I didn't mean to hijack your thread

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

trx#9

Quote from: AintSkeered on September 23, 2009, 07:10:41 PM
How does a thread about alleged waste of money on street signs become a gun-control issue? Start your own thread, please, and I'll be glad to give you this NRA member's opinion of Plaxico's actions vs. DUI manslaughter! Do you really need an explanation?
What is a douche bag? For 500 please!
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Da_Mtg_Man

I think the biggest waste of money for a street sign is the "deer crossing" signs. How do the deer know to cross there? They can't read. ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Anoriginal

Quote from: trx#9 on September 23, 2009, 08:13:02 PM
Quote from: AintSkeered on September 23, 2009, 07:10:41 PM
How does a thread about alleged waste of money on street signs become a gun-control issue? Start your own thread, please, and I'll be glad to give you this NRA member's opinion of Plaxico's actions vs. DUI manslaughter! Do you really need an explanation?
What is a douche bag? For 500 please!

rolback1
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 24, 2009, 02:25:53 PM
I think the biggest waste of money for a street sign is the "deer crossing" signs. How do the deer know to cross there? They can't read. ;D

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

buythisatvstuff

Looks like spending money to put the cart before the horse. Isn't it Florida law that you use lights with wipers ? and if you don't use wipers then your just a dumb azz or you don't need them due to something like rain-x. I say save the money for the signs and just hand out the tickets and generate more money for the state ?
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !