Is $3,000.00 to much to ask for this bike ?

Started by BarterMaster 21, September 03, 2009, 10:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarterMaster 21

Am i asking to much for this bike or is it people do not have any money to spend right now...? Looking for honest input, not sarcasm.... Thanks.

The ad is listed under atvs for sale. with pics.

2004 Polaris Sportsman 330 magnum 4x4 mossy oak plastics, Front winch,Custom Front Bumper, rear Hitch, Gun rack on Handlebars.Girlfriends bike, one owner, clean title. 900 Hours on bike
$3,000.00
EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET, WHEN YOU DONT GET WHAT YOU WANT..........

crom A zone

yes because for 1000 more u can get bad azz brute force
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

BarterMaster 21

What would be a fair asking price for it then
EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET, WHEN YOU DONT GET WHAT YOU WANT..........

Mars

#3
Yes. Not that you are greedy, just the times:

1. Most folks have no "play" money right now.
2.Your 5 year old 330 has been replace with a 400 with IRS that can be had for $5600 new (2010).
3. There are left over 08/09s for about $4000.
4. Polaris has one of the lowest resale values of the major brands. (Always had till Can Am came back.)
If you don't need the money for food or rent, I would just keep it.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

BarterMaster 21

Thanks Mars, What should i start asking for it.?
EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET, WHEN YOU DONT GET WHAT YOU WANT..........

FishaHallic

I checked Kelly Blue Book and your price seems a little high but I did not take into account all your extras.  I think the price between retail and wholesale is around $2500 and which for me when I bought a used quad I took that number and worked my way down.  The quad I bought was only 3 years old and had around 100 miles on it and around 20 hrs and I got it closer to the wholesale price but it did not have a winch or any extras.


I don't know how long you have been trying to sell your quad but sometimes these things take months to sell..............have patience and good luck


Dave

pywacket1955

It's not what to ask for the bike, what will
someone pay. Times are hard right now for
alot of people. Most people don't have $3000.00
to spend on a toy. So how bad do you need
money?
Mine: Camo 2010 Honda Rincon   
Son's: Yellow 2003 Honda, Foreman ES
Husband's:Yellow 2004 Honda, Foreman ES

Mars

Quote from: BarterMaster 21 on September 04, 2009, 02:53:07 AM
Thanks Mars, What should i start asking for it.?

I would agree with Fishahollic. $2500 would be fair but it may still take a while. If you kept it clean you could ask $2500 a year from now.
FWIW: I want a LTR 450 but my modified 04 Z400 will only bring $2500-$3000 it's super clean like yours but the newer Z400 is bettter and about $5000 new.
I'm sticking with my Z400 for a while.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

BarterMaster 21

Thank you everyone for your input, I really dont need to sell it, we just dont use it. Thanks Again
EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET, WHEN YOU DONT GET WHAT YOU WANT..........

bahamas

I had 4 quads for sale on here and on chucks and hilifter and could not sell any on them. I put them all on craigslist and they sold in 1 week. Might be something for you to try.

BarterMaster 21

Its been on Craigslist for 2 months with no bites.....
EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET, WHEN YOU DONT GET WHAT YOU WANT..........

Slick89

I looked it up on nada.com and from what it says low retail is 1,870 and average retail is 2,408. so from what you described i can see 2500. but no more than that
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 4x4 with 27in Mud Bugs
Snorkeled 1987 Honda Fourtrax 250 2x4

[url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13404593[/url]

ryanhandshoe

When I'm looking to buy a machine the extras really don't factor into the price at all. That is why you see older race bikes with 20 grand dropped in them selling for 5 grand or so. You gotta go with what the machine itself is worth. sucks, but it's just my view

BarterMaster 21

It sold for $2,800.00  Thanks for all your help everyone...
EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET, WHEN YOU DONT GET WHAT YOU WANT..........

mrbones

Congrats. It can be hard to sell things these days.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon