Thoughts & prayers for Jake Gunn

Started by yfzracer88, August 30, 2009, 11:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfzracer88

Jake wrecked in Dade city last night and broke his femur. He had surgery last night and they put pins in. Please keep him in your thoughts & prayers. We are on our way to hospital. We  will update later.  Reba

Outlaw06

best wish  and  aspeed recover   to jake gunn and ryan  hollway

Ellis#8

get well soon jake ...where going to miss you out at dc

250rsith

Hope you get better soon! God Bless!!!
TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25

trx#9

Very sad to here this, but on a serious note about broken femors they heel quick. I remember a kid named Justin Gandy who broke his femor a Loretta Lynn's, he was air lifted out of there and amazingly was back riding 6 weeks after his injury. Hopefully this will be the same for Jake, hang in there kid.  ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

TBR

I am sure you will heal up quick Jake, and make Toby wait on you the whole time you are healing up. You know breakfast in bed. If you need a bell to ring for him just call me.

The TBR Crew

Kawidad

Hey guys,
     
     Jake is doing good. They inserted a Titanium Nail(what else would they put in a quad racer)from the hip down into the femor last night. He is on the morphine drip right now but in good spirits. Thanks for all of the support and hopefully we will see yoou guys soon. I will update you all later as i get the info. He might be home as early as tomorrow evening.

Thanks to all,
Toby,Renay and Jake

RTN

Went and visited with Jake and family today.  Jakes doing great and in good spirits.  Still the same ole Jake.  He'll bounce back b4 we know it. 

Heal up soon Jake and we love ya like our own.

T.C., Lisa and Tom

yfzracer88

We also went and visited with Jake.  He is in good spirits considering everything that he is going through. 

Hopefully, he will get to go home tomorrow, but if not I look forward to going back and waiting on him some more.

We are proud of the way you are handling everything and if there is anything that we can do for you, just let us know.

Steve, Reba, Chris

A.T.P. RACING

Well, now that he has some hopped up Titainium parts he should be ready to go for next race!!!!  ;)

On a serious note, I hate to see any of our quad family get hurt.

Get well soon Jake !

Mike
[url="//www.allterrainperformance.com"]www.allterrainperformance.com[/url]

yfz450runner

Yeah now that he's got some aftermarket parts in him he will be faster!! Get well soon Jake!! ;)

miniquad8

you will bounce back better than before...get well soon..you are in our thoughts and prayers.....the covil family
cam covil#8
04 dade city unlimited mini quad 2nd place
05 dade city unlimited mini quad 1st place
05 gnc mx 70 production 3rd place
06 gnc mx 70 shifter national champion(round 3,5,6,7,8,9,11 winner)
06 dade city quad youth 1st place
06 gncc round 1,4 winner

lugnuts

Jake,
hope you get well soon...I never like to hear about anyone getting hurt....
you'll be back befor you know it..... 8)



steve,becky,tyler,kristen

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com

Kawidad

Hey everyone,
  Jake is now home. He is doing OK,alot of pain but working it out. Thanks to everyone for your support and well wishes.

tony pitts

#14
toby just seen this. hes a tough boy he will be good as new in no time. i agree with mike he will be faster than ever with a new aftermarket part especially titanium. good luck and  get well soon... and also gonna try to come down and watch a couple races when the series starts again.
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

53yfz450

Thank you guys so much for the thoughts and prayers this is really hard for me to go through with and if u know me u know how hard it is for me to sit still.lol I'm home now and in allot of pain. Its slowly getting better and I hope to be back out at the track soon to spectate at the very least.LOL thanks again for everything!
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

310R_Dude

Get well soon mon'. You'll make it through. Stay strong mentally, and then physically
you'll be back sooner than you think ;)  

I'll "lend" the lyrics to a song that helped me stay strong when I got seriously hurt:

"I get knocked down... But I get up again... You're never going to keep me down"

I know it's stupid but... you have to find things to help make it better for yourself no matter
what!  

Anyway... godspeed your FULL recovery Jake,
- Dan

P.S.
I don't really like the whole song, just the chorus ;)
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

fastrnrik

Never like to see a rider hurt. Heal up quick! I broke my femur several years ago and have the titanium rod too. You'll be fine in no time!
Let us know if we can help with anything.

From all of us at Thunderbowl Speedway.


Kawidad

Hey everyone,
   Just thought i would give an update and thank some very important people who are helping us through this.


Jake is now getting up on his own (without excrutiating pain anyway) and is taking some normal steps with the assistance of the walker.He is determined to get out of the chair and house and go walk in the mall with the old people(LOL).He is doing great and really thanks everyone who has prayed and talked and helped him with all of this.

As a parent this is a hard thing to watch,but, with the friends we have this has been alot easier on Renay and I as well as Jake-we appriciate all of you who have helped and would like to thank some people:

Randy Yoho and staff on the track-You guys are amazing and i can't sya thank you enough to Randy,Tim and the rest of the medical staff at Dade.

Brit-you are amazing and really a great person,you have helped so much and put up with Jake and we can't say thank you enough.

Reba,Steve and Chris-you guys know how much we appriciate all of the help and waiting on Jake when you are around(Reba)and it has been very hard to let you guys know how much it means to us,but thank you for everything.

Yolonda,Tom and Sam-You have been such a big help in so many ways this last year or so and we cannot begin to pay you back for all of the good your family has given us,so a big Thank You is in order!

Charles and Family-the support Jake has gotten from you is nothing short of amazing and we can't say thank you enough for everything you have done for Jake as a Boss,Freind and Supporter.

Ryan Cook and Family-I owe your Dad alot of thanks as well as the whole Family for all of the support and help during the accident.

Tad and Family-Thanks for all of your help that unfortunate Sat.

David Brewer and Family-Thanks for the visits at the hospital-they meant alot

Tc,Tom and Lisa-Thanks for being there for us still-it is nice to have that...

Andrew-You know who you are and thanks alot....

The Lang Family
The LOng Family
I know i have forgotten some people and i apologize..I thank all of you..

Thanks for letting me ramble,
Toby

yfzracer88


Toby, Jake & Renay,

It was great to see you all yesterday.  It was especially nice to see Jake get up and walk with his walker.  I agree with Jake, it needs a #53 on the front of it, lol.  It put my mind at ease seeing him do that.  I was so concerned for him after the accident happened.  But, after seeing his determination, I'm sure he will be back good as new before we know it.  Even better!!  We look forward to seeing you soon.  Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you.  Get Well Soon Jake.... Reba

Kawidad

I hope this works.....

Kawidad

This was set up by his Boss Charles and i thought i would post it for those that asked about it.

Thanks for all of the help and support from all of you....

Toby Renay and Jake

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com