Anyone know how to design a website?

Started by mudnuri, June 15, 2009, 01:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

I want to have a web site for my company and don't know how to do it. I don't have the software, images, or know-how to maintain.
Any suggestions? Typical costs/expenses?
It would be just one page with a link to email and a link to paypal.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

shogun323

Many hosting companies have sitebuilders built in to make basic websites. I use Godaddy for all my hosting.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

quadracer1992

I do know how to make a basic website on a software called Adobe Dreamweaver CS3. Its a bit costly though but if you watch the online tutorials you should be able to use it pretty easily in an hour or two. But like I said its expensive and its more for if you want to build a complex site, like atvflorida.com or bassproshops.com. If you want just one page Im sure you can google it and find some free or cheap hosting sites like Shogun said.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

mudnuri

I am reading a tutorial now and I guess I can use Photoshop.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Paul_S

Quote from: mudnuri on June 15, 2009, 02:37:30 PM
talk about frustrating. LOL!

You have a name yet, like an earlier post said, many hosting companies have a web builder program with their service.

Try godaddy, they have a website tonight program to create simple sites.

Patricia Pearce

I just did one for L-Cross with Yahoo small business. They have 2 choices of site tools. I used site solutions (for dummies)  and the other one is site builders for those who have more experience. The cost is the same and if you use them for your host as well the cost is only $12.95 per month for 1 year. I built our site in 1 day and had it up and running. The best part about it is, I can change it every day if I want to and the more experience I get with it I can do more things and customize it more. The web site for yahoo is www.smallbusiness.yahoo.com

Good Luck!
Patti
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

renmus

Mr Bones knows how to.  He did one that I use that I find nice to use.

LostCause

Brian-
Go to webs.com
All free and will do what you need.

Need any help let me know.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

mrbones

Web design is all I do. If you need someone to build it for you, see my site: www.tampabaywebdesign.com.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Albright335

jen does websites,who do you think did hers

                       phil
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

mudnuri

ok, I am still having trouble but, learning.
I need to be able to work on it myself so I can change it and update it like Patti said.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

mudnuri

http://bmppm.com/
OKAY! I am up and running. Not where I want to be yet but, I am figuring it all out.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Turboderf


mudnuri

Thanks Fred.
Do any of you know how to make the search engines pull up my site? I registered with Bing and am waiting for whatever it is they mail to finalize.
I thought "pest control Jupiter" or Jupiter Farms or 33478, 33458 would help. My friend told me I may have to pay.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i