Looking for a Yamaha R1 and have some questions.

Started by LonesomeTriZ, June 08, 2009, 07:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LonesomeTriZ

One of my goals before I return home is to purchase a 2006 R1 LE. However, I am facing several challenges. First, I have been out of the sport bike game for a long damn time. The second is I am trying to find one from over here in Iraq. So I have to go by what the advertisement dictates. One big problem I am running into is most of these sellers have no idea what they have. Some advertise their R1 as a limited edition when it is an anniversary edition and some advertise it as an anniversary edition when it is a limited edition. It gets me so frustrated that I stop looking for a while. Anyhoo, my question is when I am looking at these ads, what are some obvious tell tell signs I am looking at a true limited edition 2006 model? I want one of the 500 LE models made, not one of the anniversary models. They are very similar in appearance.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

DamnYank


LonesomeTriZ

Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

Ride1Rob

The limited edition model was a 16,000 bike new. Look at the shocks or ask the seller what kind of shocks are on the bike. The shocks on the LE for that year where Ohlins off the showroom floor.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

LonesomeTriZ

That is one of the many reason I want that bike. I did finally notice the difference in rims. I cannot beleive such an obvious differance escaped me for so long.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.