ocala ride in august

Started by jjamesbar, June 16, 2005, 05:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chillinthemost

I'll be up there this weekend, I'll try to figure how many trucks could park there.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Bigscrb15

August 6th sounds great to me! Ill be there for sure.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

girlieblazer

Count us in as long as it is not raining that weekend. 
Polaris Razor

bigscrub79

[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Hollywood

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Lost Soul

I'm up for it.

I want to meet at least one person from this site. I'm starting to think you're all a bunch of BOTS.

When, where, and what kind of riding. :o

I ride a sport 450R so if it's not one of those long rides where I need to carry gas, I'm down for it.

Also, if its up at Big Scrub, are you guys planning on camping? Could be a good reason for a barbeque..bring some grills maybe and some frosty refreshments for after the ride.


MuddyGurl101

I am in but I would like to ride up with someone from the South Florida area. Anyone want to drive up with me? I have my own truck and trailer, just would like to follow someone up. I haven't been there in 5 years and have no idea where to go!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

MuddyGurl101

Is everyone leaving Fri morning?
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

jjamesbar

Quote from: spacerider on June 19, 2005, 10:24:47 AM
Jeff - So far Aug 6th sounds goodell.....so what kind of ride is this going to be ?
Ride till you reach the stars.............

im thinking we start with some riding in the pit getting some pics of chillin and others flyin high over some jumps then take a short approx 55 mile loop trail ride. kind of like the ride we did from ida's cabin. i'll post the route soon. the ride from ida's was 77 miles bypassing the trail to his cabin will cut off 22 miles. now when we get back and we feel like it we'll head out again. we shouldnt need a fuel drop. if some are concerned about fuel i can drop some on the way down along hwy 19.
this still depends on the parking situation at eurika. matt will update that next week.

if anyone has other thoughts on the trail ride speak up.

jeff 
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jwscroll

Aug. 6 sounds great we're in. Are we camping as a group or just meeting at the spot.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

qt314nfla

I'll be camping as a group, just not sure where yet.

MuddyGurl101

Are you doing the trail over 2 days, or just one? I haven't been there since I was a little kid.... Are there more than 1 mud pit?
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

450RRRR

i think my self , son and wife as well would be up for this ride.really need to hear about the parking though.long truck and trailer combo, takes up a lot of room.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: QT314Nfla on June 20, 2005, 11:06:43 PM
I'll be camping as a group, just not sure where yet.

do I forsee a PM in my future?

;D

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Moose

Looks like I'll make this one, lil moose also.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

jbbj220

When you start putting a head count together count me in. I will be direing down on Sat. AM.

    Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

spacerider

Jeff - My quad is new and not 100% broken in - will it be cool to go that far and I can ride a while but my tank is about 2.2 gal - This is my first quad I bought so I am new on the long rides like this but this is also the reason I bought one. I will be driving up sat morning with Susieblazer and her daughter and hubby with all the quads     just let me know when   I right now I do not see a problem with that    I hope you room for a newbie like me   any help on this is greatly appreciated

Spacerider
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

qt314nfla

Quote from: Ida_Mann on June 21, 2005, 11:09:25 AM
Quote from: QT314Nfla on June 20, 2005, 11:06:43 PM
I'll be camping as a group, just not sure where yet.

do I forsee a PM in my future?

;D

Id@
Hmmmm could be.  It seems to be the hot place to camp for good reason.  Can I call the couch again?

Ida_Mann

dunno, what would you call the couch?

there are two beds in the back by the way,,,I would offer the king size, but I sleep nekkid.

and I still don't know if I will be going on this ride.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

qt314nfla

I'll take what ever isn't being used if we camp there.  Well, more so if you are going to be there.  I'm not too picky.

jjamesbar

Quote from: MuddyGurl101 on June 21, 2005, 08:17:59 AM
Are you doing the trail over 2 days, or just one? I haven't been there since I was a little kid.... Are there more than 1 mud pit?

i'll be coming up saturday am as usual. its a 1 day ride for me. some times people get together for a short ride on sunday. we will hit some wet trails east of hwy 19. there is more than 1 water hole and a hellasious mud pit under the power lines. see the pics from scout ride II.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quote from: spacerider on June 21, 2005, 08:38:47 PM
Jeff - My quad is new and not 100% broken in - will it be cool to go that far and I can ride a while but my tank is about 2.2 gal -
Spacerider

as far as breaking in you should be fine. the first time i rode mine it was on a group ride in ocala. i have over 4000 miles on it and counting. what quad do you have?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quote from: Moose on June 21, 2005, 05:02:21 PM
Looks like I'll make this one, lil moose also.

great moose, glad your in. hope your dads recovering well.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

spacerider

Jeff - I have a 2005 Polaris Phoenix and getting ready to do my first oil change on it in a couple of weeks
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

Moose

jjames, thanks, my Dad is doing much better thank GOD.
It's slow, but you can't expect mirracles for a 74 year old.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com