ocala ride in august

Started by jjamesbar, June 16, 2005, 05:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjamesbar

if say up to 20 vehicles are down for the ride i'd recomend starting near idamans cabin and riding to blue sink for a swim (im guessing around 25 miles 1-way) and return. we could also take in that big pit on 588 as well. if more than 20 vehicles are down then maybe we should start at rodman and ride to eurika dam (around 30 miles 1-way) and back. rodman can handle more trucks and trailers than anywhere but around scrub. i'll go with the flow, i just want to ride.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

mudhawg

i live here so we could plan a good ride if everyone is willing just let me know, i know the spots for what ever riding everyone likes thanks
700 sportsman 30inchmudlites tech4 exhaust,lift kit,clutch kit,dobeck control box

jjamesbar

Quote from: mudhawg on June 17, 2005, 05:19:19 PM
i live here so we could plan a good ride if everyone is willing just let me know, i know the spots for what ever riding everyone likes thanks

once we decide where we will start we'll go from there. we always like to ride new trails. thanks for the offer.
i'd personally like some smooth trails with high banked turns on some open long leaf pine stands.  ;D

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quote from: jbbj220 on June 17, 2005, 09:10:41 AM
How about start out of Eurika Damm aera?

   Jim,

thats one option. we'll have to see how many are down for the ride. theres not alot of parking. the main road in has soft soulders. there is a flat area on the south side of the road that should handle a few trucks.

jeff

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

#29
Quote from: wilburz on June 17, 2005, 08:43:47 AM
JJ

It would be nice to ride that first weekend of August or the end of July since school will be starting on the tenth of August.
Just might be alot easier for folks that have kids to go before the hectic school schedule gets cranked up.  I know it would be better for me.

good point. you just might have picked the day.

jw,
as far as the pace goes it depends on how many show up. small groups tend to ride faster than large groups. my quad is a very slow ute, but on good trails i hold the throttle down as far as i can. we wait up for riders when the trail splits or turns off in another direction. it would be a good thing if the slower riders could ride atleast 20mph on the good trails. much slower than that will hold up the pack.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jwscroll

I'm pretty sure we could hang then. Sounds like you guys follow the same sorta courtesy rules that we do.Just need a date.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

spacerider

Let me know when and where....... I also like the trails and not a whole lot of whoops...I just wanna get and ride too...Thats one reason why I bought this quad


Ride till you reach the stars.....................
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

LakeMaryKid

my school starts August 2nd :-\
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

qt314nfla

I had a great time on the last one.  I'm interrested in this one as long as it doesn't interfere w/ a conference I've got at the end of August.  Hopefully my schedule will fit in w/ this.


odie

lets see. ride or conference????????.............RIDE! ???

rhinotime

you can count me in on this one, i wasn't able to make the last one!
2004 Yamaha Rhino
27" XTR's 14" ITP's
Pro Circuit exhaust
Dynojet
K&N filter
2" lift
Snorkled
"JUST MASH IT AND LET EM EAT"

jjamesbar

Quote from: mudhawg on June 17, 2005, 05:19:19 PM
i live here so we could plan a good ride if everyone is willing just let me know, i know the spots for what ever riding everyone likes thanks

mudhawg,

how many trucks do guesstimate could park at eurika dam?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

wilburz

jj

I liked that trail that ran from Eureka south, I beleive, through the woods along side of that river. There were some houses on the left, up on the hill, and a couple of boaters on the right. That trail has alot of nice shade and is a little technical. Do you know what I am talking about. That would be a good trail to include in the ride. Nice scenary too! 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Ida_Mann

I'd be down if I'm not very broke by then,,,,buying a house and all might be a bit of a drain on the wallet.

I still wanna see eureka pits.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jjamesbar

Quote from: wilburz on June 18, 2005, 09:16:27 AM
jj

I liked that trail that ran from Eureka south, I beleive, through the woods along side of that river. There were some houses on the left, up on the hill, and a couple of boaters on the right. That trail has alot of nice shade and is a little technical. Do you know what I am talking about. That would be a good trail to include in the ride. Nice scenary too! 

its one of my favorites. the 1st place where the people where camping was called piney island landing we swim there sometimes, the place with the houses up on the bluff is called sunday bluff. that trail makes you feel like your deep in the forest, and you are. i havent rode through there since before the hurricanes last year. there sure where lots of trees down across the trail.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

qt314nfla

Quote from: odie on June 18, 2005, 05:26:18 AM
lets see. ride or conference????????.............RIDE! ???

I'd be more than happy to ride but if I go I lose my deposit on my hotel.  In addition I won't get my CE credits and I'll lose my license to practice.  So if you are willing to pay for my cost of living and student loans in excess of a NICE home mortgage then I'm all in!

Chillinthemost

I'm in as long as it doesnt fall on a race weekend (3rd Sat of the month). My place is always available for a fuel stop if it is near the proposed route.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

jjamesbar

Quote from: Chillinthemost on June 18, 2005, 08:05:12 PM
I'm in as long as it doesnt fall on a race weekend (3rd Sat of the month). My place is always available for a fuel stop if it is near the proposed route.

matt,

since your place is only a few miles from eurika dam you may know this. how many trucks could you park at eurika? as many times as ive rode through there i never really paid much attention to it. im thinking of starting this ride from there.

jeff

keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

as far as the date...  how bout august 6th?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

NYRAPTOR

this might work for me finally. i'll let you know for sure jj. john

jwscroll

So, Aug. 6 ? Is that the day? If so I'm in. Let me know where. Please be specific w/directions as I don't know the area as well as most.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

jjamesbar

it seems that most people are availible in the first part of august. so lets nail it down to the 6th. now as far as the starting point. it would be nice to start at eurika dam but we need some feedback on the parking situation.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

spacerider

Jeff - So far Aug 6th sounds good.... let me know and I will get Susieblazer and her daughter and hubby to go as well.....so what kind of ride is this going to be ?


Ride till you reach the stars.............
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

qt314nfla

Wooo Hoooo!  The 6th is a good weekend for me too. I'll keep reading to find out the location.

1Scorpion

I'll try to make this ride I'll be riding a little slower this time I'm not as young as I think I am  ;D I do need a good place to park I don't have a 4x4 pick up.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com