Best place in FL?

Started by markcrain, May 21, 2009, 07:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcrain

My wife has three days off and were thinking about taking a trip to off road area.  New to atv's and just bought a Polaris RZR.  We would like to here opinions on the best place to spend a couple days in FL or south GA.

Paul_S

Quote from: markcrain on May 21, 2009, 07:55:20 AM
My wife has three days off and were thinking about taking a trip to off road area.  New to atv's and just bought a Polaris RZR.  We would like to here opinions on the best place to spend a couple days in FL or south GA.

www.floridamotoplex.com

shogun323

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

turbosire


chrisyzf450

I dont think you can bring the RZR to croom. I would look into that.

shogun323

Quote from: chrisyzf450 on May 21, 2009, 09:04:53 AM
I dont think you can bring the RZR to croom. I would look into that.

Good point. You definately cannot ride a RZR at Croom.
QuotePermits will be issued for two wheel cycles and 3 and 4 wheel ATVs. ATVs must meet the following requirements:
a)  Wheel base of less than 55 inches.
b)  Width of less than 45 inches.
c)  Total vehicle weight less than 500 Ibs.
d)  Travel on 3 or 4 low pressure tires.
e)  Has a seat that is designed to be straddled by the operator.
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

ScooterB

RZR =  Motoplex, Ocala National Forest.
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

lulu500

The Ocala National Forest is VERY strict. We got info sent to us from the park rangers and there is hardly any room for error on the trails. You go off the trail you get fined even if it is accidental. I've seen more bad stories than good about that place.

Motoplex is good. You could also look into Bunnel. Creek Bottom is in Georgia haven't been yet, but I hear it's really good. It's on my to ride list.
06 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 ES RED
Viper MX3000 winch w/ red Amsteel rope
27x10x12 & 27x12x12 Mud Bugs on Black DWT Rythms
Custom Center Snorkel

MUD DIVA
Of course I ride like a girl!

mrbones

You can also stay at Elite Resorts and trailer your UTV to an Ocala trailhead up the highway a bit to explore the Ocala North trails.

http://www.eliteresorts.com/saltsprings/index.html
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

digginfool

Quote from: Paul_S on May 21, 2009, 08:03:39 AM
Quote from: markcrain on May 21, 2009, 07:55:20 AM
My wife has three days off and were thinking about taking a trip to off road area.  New to atv's and just bought a Polaris RZR.  We would like to here opinions on the best place to spend a couple days in FL or south GA.

www.floridamotoplex.com

Don't forget the annual membership!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

markcrain

Quote from: turbosire on May 21, 2009, 08:44:00 AM
5A or Croom

I've heard of Croom and the RZR is not allowed.  What\where is 5A

AintSkeered

#11
We're leaving @ noon for http://www.southernridgeatvtrails.com/ .
http://www.creekbottomtrailrides.com/ is NOT open this weekend. Going there for July 4th. But, http://www.durhamtown.com/ is still the best. After 1 June 2009, you must either be a member or you can only go to http://www.floridaatv.com/ during special events. I don't quite understand that business decision. Are they doing that well financially that they can discourage visitors?
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

shogun323

Quote from: AintSkeered on May 22, 2009, 08:27:49 AM
But, http://www.durhamtown.com/ is still the best.

+1 You really can't beat Durhamtown. You can definately give that RZR a workout there too!!!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

AintSkeered

Ok. The Plex straightened me out. The membership allows you to ride 300 or more days per year. We'll visit in July. It's clearly the best in FL. BTW, I just returned from SW AL's  http://www.southernridgeatvtrails.com/ and found another spot I'll have to visit in July http://www.boggsandboulders.com/.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Bulldog66

I wish I had the pics of that RZR trying to cross the hill climb area when it was flooded at the Motoplex.

All you could see was the fella that was stading up with his head out of the roll cage and the very tip of the roll cage. That thing was DEEP!


D33411

I LOVE going to Ocala.  Have been many times and never had a problem.  Dawn

dj_pizzim

Quote from: Bulldog66 on June 25, 2009, 10:17:25 PM
I wish I had the pics of that RZR trying to cross the hill climb area when it was flooded at the Motoplex.

All you could see was the fella that was stading up with his head out of the roll cage and the very tip of the roll cage. That thing was DEEP!


You mean this one?

07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

Waveslider330

My vote goes to Mud Muckers! Over 50 miles of muddy trails, couple of mud race pits, usually good bands, decent showers, pressure washers for clean up. Super fun place!!! Can't wait to go next.
2005 Polaris Magnum 330
27in Outlaws
2in HL Lift
Snorkels
Waterproof marine stereo
Wheel spacers

TNTaylor

Where is Mud Muckers located?
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

renmus

Quote from: TNTaylor on July 31, 2009, 08:38:33 AM
Where is Mud Muckers located?

Bunnell, FL 
We have ridden there, not bad at all.

AintSkeered

Hey, is that DirtyFace all sunk at the Plex?
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Keeter

Quote from: AintSkeered on July 31, 2009, 10:29:14 AM
Hey, is that DirtyFace all sunk at the Plex?

Oh CRAP!  It is..His son is under there somewhere.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

dirtyface

No, Its not me guys.  I wish it was,,, or maybe not. But it kind of looks like me but I'm better looking.  I am out in Arkansas right now loading watermelons.  Lots of fun..  I just bought a house north of Atlanta so I will be checking out durhamtown quite regularly.  Talk to you guys soon.. ;)
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

AintSkeered

Tom, we'll be @ Durhamtown a week from Mon. If you'll be back in Atlanta, give me a ring.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

dirtyface

#24
Robert, I won't be back their till October but have fun and be careful.

06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com