Honda Foreman vs Polaris Sportsman

Started by gmen, April 30, 2009, 01:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmen

 I am looking for a 4x4 500 class ATV. I believe I have it narrowed down to the Foreman vs the Sportsman. The Polaris Sportsman 450 is a very comfortable ride and powerful enough for what I do (trails and mud)I also have a Rancher 350 that I am very happy with but it is only 2x4. So the question is Foreman 4x4 vs Sportsman 450. Any Pro or Con opinions out there? Honda reliability vs Polaris comfort?

Any help would be appreciated!

B. Graves

i ride red. always have and always will. you couldnt give me a polafis.

neysnumber

my honda foreman has takin care of me.  i ve had it for 4 years and never been in the shop.(knock on wood) 

MedicMudder

I have a polaris 500 Spm.The Honda is great atv,but the Polaris will ride soooo much better.The Honda will run 4ever,(if you take care of it).
Polaris parts are stupid expensive.Mine is broken now (operator error)If you are going to doing big time mudding  the Honda is easy to snorkle.
One tube !!!! After market is much bigger  for  the Honda.My Polaris has been a good bike,most of the things wrong have been my fault.Hope
this will help you.
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

bugmanjr

Sportsman would be a way smother ride and much better 4 wheel drive. Honda is always been the reliable ATV on the market and easier steering.


08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

bocephus300

honda by far!   the popo is a little faster and is alot smother... but the homda makes up for in reliability.... i have had both bikes and like both but if i had to keep one it would be the honda fo sho!
2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws

stonny9

Sportsman has irs and real 4x4

Foreman U dont want to lift as the rear drive shaft would be at too steep of and angle.  Friend had one with a 2 inch lift and it snapped the rear output shaft comming out of the engine.  Does not have real 4x4 so only one wheel will spin in the front when u get stuck.

Both are great bikes.  I personally would go with a bike that has irs and efi.
Sold
2005 Brute Force 750 IRS w/mud bitches


2006 Sportsman 500 EFI w/mud bitches

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com