Should I?

Started by o4250, June 14, 2005, 11:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o4250

Well, as some of you know im supposed to enter my first race on July 3rd at seminole tribe motocross. Here is my problem, my brother was supposed to take me too practice june 25th ( I think, whatever is the last saturday in june) well he just found out he wont't be comming home (hes in the marines), and my parents can't take me because of a wedding. So should I just enter the race even though it's only my 3rd time there, and for that matter my 3rd time on a MX track period. Is there other begineers like me that race? Who have only been on a track limited amount of times. I guess I just don't want to make a tool of myself and get lapped like 3 times LOL. I think AROD can answer this pretty good since he was at seminoles last race. ;)


Thanks.

o4250

Anyone? do you think im ready? or should I hold off till I have more practice?




PS. BigB, Big daddy, and lake mary kid no perveted comments!!

Da_Mtg_Man

bro, Just get out there and do it. Just run at the pace that you're comfortable.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

stump66

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 15, 2005, 01:19:08 AM
bro, Just get out there and do it. Just run at the pace that you're comfortable.
What he daid, best way to get better is to get pushed by more experienced riders just get out of the way when they are fighting for the lead. You'll be able to get a race within the race with someone to challenge you to your limits. Good luck, ride safe and best of luck to ya'.
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

backinsaddle

Just go in there with the attitude who cares if I win or lose.  You get a chance to race, see how fast other riders are, learn the track, etc, etc.  Just enjoy and call it a learning experience.  And if you do get lapped 3 times, so what, you won't get better if you don't try.

redrider

Hey Man just go out there and race dont worry about anything my first race was at Clearwaters mx track and on my 300ex never raced b4 and never rode a track b4 i sucked totally on the mx track but just go out there and have fun

gery350

go for it. woud you rather be in the middle of the action or sittin on the sidelines saying "damn should've done it" no guts no glory.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

inked4life87

YOU GOT TO START SOME TIME

jwscroll

Just pick a line on the track and haul A$$. You never know, they might be lookin at your dust.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

MxRacingChick21

When I first started racing I had plans to go to practice three or four times before my first race. That didn't work out and the first time I was ever on a mx track was my first race. Needless to say I was so nervous I nearly got sick several times and nearly had myself convinced that I wasn't going to do it but I suprisingly held my own. I got 2nd out of 5 girls and instantly got addicted to passing as many boys as I could.  ;D Go out there and give it a try. Afterward you will be wondering to yourself why you made such a big deal about it.
02 Ford Lightning
04 Suzuki GSXR 1000
04 Yamaha YFZ 450
03 Suzuki z400

PureLogic

Just do it. You get more experiance doing it than sitting on the sidelines.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

bigb

quit being a puss and do it.

the only way you'll get a perverted comment out of me is if you ask for it btw.
accepting donations in the form of a quad.

Mrs.Nightbreed

Also, I have never raced Seminole but I have raced several other tracks. They always have a practice round, sometimes two, the night of the race anyway. So you will at least get a little track time before racing.  It doesn't matter if you practice the week before or not. You will be just as nervous. The first race I ran, I had only been on a track twice. I CRIED. I wanted to get my money back and GO HOME. My husband and his friend told me to basically get over it. I sucked it up and did it! I also ended up 2nd out of 5 girls that night ;D That was last August and I still get a little nervous everytiime.

Give it your best without being dangerous and have fun...thats what its all about ;)

renmus

You need to adjust your question to:  Why shouldn't I?  Go for it.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com