HID Lights

Started by Anoriginal, April 14, 2009, 02:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

Here's the deal. I've got two Kawasaki Brute Force 750i's. I use them mainly to go in and out of my place in the Everglades. Often times, I make this trip at night so, good lights are a must. While the stock lights work pretty well, I'd like to upgrade to HID lighting.

I've checked online and see lots of kits for various ATVs. However, I haven't found one for the Brute Force.

Anyone here made the upgrade to HID on a Brute Force or have any ideas on kits, etc.? I'm sure I can find something. But, if someone's already got a system in place that works well...why reinvent the wheel?

I've read the info on Highlifter and most of those systems seem pieced together to me. What I'm looking for is a "plug and play" type set up.

Thanks in advance.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

dj_pizzim

Hey Matt, What type bulb does it use?  We've got a few systems at the store if you tell me the bulb # i can get ya some options
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

Chillinthemost

Try some night vision goggles.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Anoriginal

I've got some. Only problem is, I keep running into trees with them because my depth perception is all messed up. I think I'll just steal your truck lights and duct tape them to the front rack.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Chillinthemost

Quote from: Anoriginal on April 15, 2009, 01:22:42 PM
I've got some. Only problem is, I keep running into trees with them because my depth perception is all messed up. I think I'll just steal your truck lights and duct tape them to the front rack.
Your depth perseption has gotten us into trouble more than a few times. ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Anoriginal

Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 15, 2009, 08:41:28 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 15, 2009, 01:22:42 PM
I've got some. Only problem is, I keep running into trees with them because my depth perception is all messed up. I think I'll just steal your truck lights and duct tape them to the front rack.
Your depth perseption has gotten us into trouble more than a few times. ;D

Well, that and your Mich Ultra intake combined for a tragic outcome. Borderline "Natastrophy".   ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

dj_pizzim

You need to buy a kit with H4 bulbs .... pull you stockers out and use a dremel to open it up a bit ... then use RTV or any other temp resistant glue to seal everything back up .... i would suggest staying away from the plug and play kits as they can cause problems due to the small wiring in the quads ... using a kit with relays that feed from the battery will ensure you dont blow fuses ect .... it not a hug problem but those light draw like crazy when they ignite so ive seen a few people blow a fuse .... the down side is the plug and play kits are cheaper.
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org