Replaced axels, now need help with the boots.

Started by B. Graves, March 11, 2009, 10:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B. Graves

Ok, i replaced the front axles on our 05 Rancher. How can I clamp the cv boots on? I was thinking hose clamps but i cant find any that are narrow enough to fit in the groove on the axles. I have no idea how the factory ones worked so I cut them. They looked like they were crimped on or something.

IXIswamperIXI

You need to get "cv clamps" also just google "cv clamp tool" I am sure you will find what you need
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

crom A zone

any parts house  has cv clamp tool thing in stock  ready to go with new clamps there too. very easy t use evan a caveman can do it ;)
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

B. Graves


AintSkeered

Google Oetiker clamp tool or buy from local ATV dealer
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

B. Graves

wheres the best place to get the actual clamps at? i found the tool just not a kit that has them.