Jackl Where have you been?? That was a long ban!

Started by VForcedave, March 11, 2009, 09:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VForcedave

I have not seen you post up since the last time you got banned. Where have you been??  8) 
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

JackL

Quote from: VForcedave on March 11, 2009, 09:31:22 AM
I have not seen you post up since the last time you got banned. Where have you been??  8) 


LMAO, took a long time to redeem myself with management. Bones made me clean and mop all the forums, twice.  ;)


Just because the hurricanes missed us, don't mean everyone was spared. Been restoring dishes and satellite service in the Turks for a few months.


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

VForcedave

I read your post about Corbett. You are right. If you look at the posts here for the  last 6 months, there are not many riders anymore like there used too. No group rides, no swamp rides, no one has any cash, peole are selling their stuff just to get by.

See if you can stir it up a little without getting the mods panties in a wad. ;D

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

JackL

Quote from: VForcedave on March 11, 2009, 09:51:38 AM
I read your post about Corbett. You are right. If you look at the posts here for the  last 6 months, there are not many riders anymore like there used too. No group rides, no swamp rides, no one has any cash, peole are selling their stuff just to get by.

See if you can stir it up a little without getting the mods panties in a wad. ;D



Great point about the economy, man their are some good deals on trucks, bikes, boats and trailers around. Makes you sad thinking about the guy who sweated for that stuff only to get pennies on the dollar for it just to feed the family.

I saw quite a few folks out at 8th st two weeks ago, and the funny part is everyone was being cool and no one had any problems.

I felt a little funny parking right on 8th and unloading, but figured since it is not posted it must be ok. The Merto-Dade should use some of that government stimulus welfare and buy that property. It would solve all the hunter/atv fights once and for all down here.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

TNTaylor

I was at 8th st a couple weeks ago too and the cops stopped us as we were leaving only to ask if we spotted anyone dumping trash.  They didn't give us a hard time but asked us to call in if we spotted any dumping.  That place is definitely a good ride but some spots can swallow a quad in thick black mud.

Welcome back Jackl. 

T.T. (alias MudMarine)
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

VForcedave

The water is going down again. How about one of those rides at the rest stop on the alley? I remember those pics on floating the quads across to go riding.
Thats what I am talking about. 

Those were the days. Free riders R.I.P.

Unless you are a closed course guy, or own a deed at RR or some other private place, you are riding illegal and at places that are overcrowded with throttle jockies. :'(     
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

JackL

Quote from: TNTaylor on March 11, 2009, 10:31:46 AM
I was at 8th st a couple weeks ago too and the cops stopped us as we were leaving only to ask if we spotted anyone dumping trash.  They didn't give us a hard time but asked us to call in if we spotted any dumping.  That place is definitely a good ride but some spots can swallow a quad in thick black mud.

Welcome back Jackl. 

T.T. (alias MudMarine)


Swallow a quad is an understatement.. ;) Guys like Billy run monster trucks back there and leave 5ft deep ruts that can be hidden...lol


Quote from: VForcedave on March 11, 2009, 11:04:01 AM
The water is going down again. How about one of those rides at the rest stop on the alley? I remember those pics on floating the quads across to go riding.
Thats what I am talking about. 

Those were the days. Free riders R.I.P.


I am unsure o the legality of 38.5 these days, but I wouldn't mind floating across the canal for some serious swamping...
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com