Need help proving my girlfriend wrong! Do you tip the Stanley Steamer Guy?

Started by RTR_380/450R, March 03, 2009, 05:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeter

Some of us tip the guy in the restroom for giving us a dang paper towel. A PAPER FRIKIN TOWEL.!!!!!????!!!!  I totally disagree on tipping someone for doing their job. Unless their salary is dependent on it. Next we will be tipping the meter maid for the $25 parking ticket.  Can you say. "THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?"
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

digginfool

It's always appropriate to tip a person working in the service sector.  The comments about doctors and metermaids are just plain assinine.  You guys are a bunch of rubes.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Keeter

Quote from: digginfool on March 04, 2009, 02:11:43 PM
It's always appropriate to tip a person working in the service sector.  The comments about doctors and metermaids are just plain assinine.  You guys are a bunch of rubes.

What is a "rubes" ?  ???
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

digginfool

Quote from: Keeter on March 04, 2009, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: digginfool on March 04, 2009, 02:11:43 PM
It's always appropriate to tip a person working in the service sector.  The comments about doctors and metermaids are just plain assinine.  You guys are a bunch of rubes.

What is a "rubes" ?  ???

Ever hear of a dictionary?  I guess you've just proven my point.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

KAW3604x4

Quote from: Keeter on March 04, 2009, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: digginfool on March 04, 2009, 02:11:43 PM
It's always appropriate to tip a person working in the service sector.  The comments about doctors and metermaids are just plain assinine.  You guys are a bunch of rubes.

What is a "rubes" ?  ???

2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

550superquad

Quote from: Keeter on March 04, 2009, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: digginfool on March 04, 2009, 02:11:43 PM
It's always appropriate to tip a person working in the service sector.  The comments about doctors and metermaids are just plain assinine.  You guys are a bunch of rubes.

What is a "rubes" ?  ???
a dumb redneck  ;)
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

trx#9

Diggin is better than everyone on this site, you haven't figure that one out yet.





































Just ask him.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

digginfool

Quote from: trx#9 on March 04, 2009, 05:41:13 PM
Diggin is better than everyone on this site, you haven't figure that one out yet.

Just ask him.

Sorry the truth hurts you so much!   8)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

RTR_380/450R

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

JeepGirl

I always tip the service people that come to the house......usually isn't much but it gets a smile.

BTW......your girl is gorgeous!  Hope y'all can make it out to L-Cross this weekend  ;) ;D

HARRY-SACS

Quote from: JeepGirl on March 05, 2009, 10:11:30 PM
I always tip the service people that come to the house......usually isn't much but it gets a smile.

BTW......your girl is gorgeous!  Hope y'all can make it out to L-Cross this weekend  ;) ;D
Oh boy, can I watch. 8)

RTR_380/450R

Quote from: JeepGirl on March 05, 2009, 10:11:30 PM
I always tip the service people that come to the house......usually isn't much but it gets a smile.

BTW......your girl is gorgeous!  Hope y'all can make it out to L-Cross this weekend  ;) ;D

Thats sad when you say that my girl is gorgeous and dont say anything about me!!
Are u sure u want "us" to make it out or should I just send her!??? :D

And no! SACS, you cant watch.
But we may need a 4th! :o

jt
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

yunt2ride

Yes


Now I will PM you my Paypal address to you can send my tip. LOL















Now, If this person will be cleaning your carpets on a regular basis then if you tip him, he will go the extra step the next time. If its gonna be several months down the road, then I would say not. But like someone said, even $2 could be better then the last job they left. Sometimes people don't even have enough change to buy a drink during the day and $2 could get them a pepsi. Even if $2 is all you can afford, you could always tell them that with this economy, you wish you could afford more but just can't right now.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

NYRAPTOR

i just had the tires changed on my truck and i tried to tip the guy and he he wouldn't take it. he did a great job anyway. never refuse a tip! love NYRAPTOR

eldiablo64

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

craigdieselmac

When was the last time you got a tip for doing your job? That may sound a little jaded but I am pretty sure that guy is collecting a paycheck for what he does. As for the argument that he is blue collar and probably lives paycheck to paycheck... so what.. so does most everyone else.. no matter what tax bracket they fall in to. Until this recent economic crap reared its ugly head there were plenty of jobs out there.. theres also college, or a trade school, where he could learn some skills that would better himself and maybe help him climb a couple of rungs on the ladder of life. Additionally he didn't go out of his way to do anything special from what you have said.. so where is the tip warranted? I am not a miser, and I do volunteer a lot of my time to Habitat for Humanity.. but as far as giving my hard earned money away... I need a lasting impression.
87 Big Bear.. yeah.. its 20 but it rocks
00 King Quad 4x4
06 Kazuma 110
07 Kazuma 90

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Mudneck

Just say- Honey I was going to surprise you and save all this tip money, (and since these men get paid for there work in the form of a salary anyway )take you someplace nice 8)
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

auctioneer

Quote from: bushwacker on March 08, 2009, 03:51:26 PM
Just say- Honey I was going to surprise you and save all this tip money, (and since these men get paid for there work in the form of a salary anyway )take you someplace nice 8)

:B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B
2007 rhino 660
2009 Freedom Craft / L-88 427 W/stinger drive airboat
2008 11ft Puddle Buster w/200 angle valve
2004 Wrangler/8in lift
2008 750 Polaris sportsman
2002 F-350 lifted
2008 Rhino 660

D33411

I ALWAYS tip service people.  What kills me is when I pull up to Starbucks and they have a tip jar on the ledge of the drive-thru window.  Aren't I already paying almost $4 for flavored water as it is?  Dawn

Da_Mtg_Man

Here's your tip. "Don't do coke in a convertable"
Now get the hell outa here.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

D33411

Jeepgirl, I just saw the jogging jugs under your name.  That is so awesome!  haha  My back hurts just watching it. 

David_James

Stanley Steemer people get paid comission. I dont know how much but i know the get a decent chunk of change depending on the job.