Need help proving my girlfriend wrong! Do you tip the Stanley Steamer Guy?

Started by RTR_380/450R, March 03, 2009, 12:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTR_380/450R

Stanley Steamer comes and cleans my carpets.
They give me the bill.
I write them a check.
I say "Thanks guys. Take it easy!"

My girlfriend then asks, "Arent you going to tip them?"
HeLLLLLL NO!! I say.
She then procedes to tell me that I should tip them and that they did a great job.
We then got into an arguement about it and she told me to shut the hell up.
Which then......... I proceeded to do because she is really really mean and can probably beat me up!   :-\

I pay somone to do the job, they come in and do it. They are SUPPOSED to do a good job.
Why should I tip them for it!!!???

Any takers on this one??

jt
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

TRX450R_Racer

I agree with you, unless it's someone or something you will doing on a regular basis and will be seeing the same person/people all the time. If that was the case a tip would make whoever either bump you to the front of the line or go the extra mile.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

crom A zone

post pick of you girl freind   first    than ill tell you  if she right or wrong. lol :-*




all i no i work on cars for livin  and yes i charge people to do there car and i always do a good  job   and 9/10   for a specility job like that   u would thro  i tip his way
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

gery350

i disagree. working in the service industry most of my life i dont expect a tip but i appreciate it. i tip everyone from the pizza delivery guy, to the bagboy, to the guy that installed my att uverse. a few bucks for them goes along way at the end of the day. besides i do believe in kharma.



y'all a bunch of elbow walkers! ;D
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

RTR_380/450R

I understand the concept of tipping and how it can help a brother out.
But..... Is it really one of those jobs that at the end of the day your counting up your tips?
I dont think so.
Ultimately, I believe in the whole tipping process.
Somone goes out of their way for you or goes the extra mile, You tip them.
But if I pick up the phone and call you to perform a service and you quote me a price on that service and then perform that service... Then I pay you.
If the guy pushed me to the front of the line or did a fabric protectant for free on my favorite recliner or did something out of the ordinary, then I can see a tip.
He simply did what I paid for him to do!!!! Nothing more, nothing less!
I could have called anybody on a list of many to perform the service.

jt
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

miker


Keeter

Quote from: 4x4Matt on March 03, 2009, 12:55:20 PM
post pick of you girl freind   first    than ill tell you  if she right or wrong. lol :-*




all i no i work on cars for livin  and yes i charge people to do there car and i always do a good  job   and 9/10   for a specility job like that   u would thro  i tip his way
;)
I agree with Matt, I need to see a picture of your girlfriend.  Just saying.  ;)
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Anoriginal

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

LostCause

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

digginfool

Tipping is never out of line for a job well done.  You have to remember that the guy that showed up is just another stiff out there trying to make ends meet.  It's also a thankless job to go into someone's home and do work for them; you usually end up being somebody's punching bag.  If the guy showed up, was cheerful and did a good job (e.g. made extra effort to get a particular stain out), then by all means, toss him a few bucks.  It generally is no skin off your butt and makes his (or her) day.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

trx#9

Quote from: Realityhello on March 03, 2009, 03:40:27 PM
Yep. Lets see her. We will get to the tipping issue later.
She's a hottie, way to hot for his monkey azz... :tsktsk.gif































rolback1 rolback1 rolback1
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

MedicMudder

I get really good tips from my customers and not so good tips,but every thing helps.If
the guy did a good job then take care of him.If he cleans the place again he will take care of you. The guys that work at those places don't make a lot of $$$ so it would make a difference in his day. Still wanna see pics of Girl !!! 8) 8)
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

crom A zone

man i feel loved  never had this many people back me in a topic before   ;D
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

quadguy33

i work in the sevice industry and get tips for some customers some people belive your supposed to tip every one but i think it is at your decrestion if you have the bucks tip them if money is tight then save you money. i tip every one i can right now money is tight so i probably wouldn't tip unless like some one else said you were going to be seeing them agin regularly. thats my 2 cents.

Turboderf

Quote from: 4x4Matt on March 03, 2009, 05:35:27 PM
man i feel loved  never had this many people back me in a topic before   ;D
yes matt you did good i say if he do something exter and not charge you for the yes you should tip him .. but if you paid him for the job and dose a good job thats what he works for but a good will make more work for him later down the road

quadguy33

also just because some one is supposed to do a good job doesn't mean they will poeple are greedy.

auctioneer

Quote from: RTR_380/450R on March 03, 2009, 12:41:37 PM
Stanley Steamer comes and cleans my carpets.
They give me the bill.
I write them a check.
I say "Thanks guys. Take it easy!"

My girlfriend then asks, "Arent you going to tip them?"
HeLLLLLL NO!! I say.
She then procedes to tell me that I should tip them and that they did a great job.
We then got into an arguement about it and she told me to shut the hell up.
Which then......... I proceeded to do because she is really really mean and can probably beat me up!   :-\

I pay somone to do the job, they come in and do it. They are SUPPOSED to do a good job.
Why should I tip them for it!!!???

Any takers on this one??

jt




When she told me to SHUT THE HELL UP I would have give them 50 bucks and told them to take her with them ( which they would have >:( probably refused)


Or I would have told her to drop them skivies and tip them  :P
2007 rhino 660
2009 Freedom Craft / L-88 427 W/stinger drive airboat
2008 11ft Puddle Buster w/200 angle valve
2004 Wrangler/8in lift
2008 750 Polaris sportsman
2002 F-350 lifted
2008 Rhino 660

trx#9

You shouldn't have to tip someone for doing a good job, your already paying for a good job in the disclosed price. It sucks that everyones standards are so low now that when a job is done correctly they think a tip is warrented.


And I'm tired of all those tip jars everywere I go. Give me a break, I'm not going to tip you for being a cashier or a turd monitor.... >:(
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Keeter

Dang Mr Bones you deleted my post about carpet. It's all good though.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

CABLEGUY1

If it's a doctor,lawyer,banker etc,it would never cross your mind to tip them because in theory, they're doing pretty well for themselves. If it's your average blue collar worker,the chances are significantly increased that he works paycheck to paycheck.If that's the case and you can spare a few bucks,tip the guy. Trust me,even two dollars could make some peoples day a little better. That's a free drink and a bag of chips. When I was installing years ago,there were days between checks that I went to work broke and that two dollars was a blessing. If you got it and he does a good job,get off that wallet. You're not the guy in the titty bar that pretends to go to the bathroom everytime a song is over are you?

zman03

dude sounds like the tip was just the tip of the iceburg, I think from what you described your girl had the hots for the carpet cleaning guys, but I guess I had to be there to be sure. Anyway sounds like you got to worry about the mailman when your out to work and your girl is home alone.
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

RTR_380/450R

First of all, I must say, you guys need to get a girl of your own!!!!!!
Second, Where does it stop. Do I tip the guy at wal mart that tells me that
what Im looking for is on Isle 10? How bout the girl at the McDonalds window that ACTUALLY gets
my order right!
Im just saying, Its not that I dont think the guy should get a tip every once in a while.
Its just that it should not be expected!
The reason they have a job is because I called them! They didnt call me!
Here is your job. Do it and you will get paid.
I was trying to make a point to her.
Next time at the track and they guy who drops the gate in the race does a good job, im going
to turn my quad around in the middle of the holeshot (which I normally get) and give him a tip!

BTW... She aint bad! Been thinking on trading her in for a new quad!
But noone can put up with her or handle her!!

jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

trx#9

You need me to come over and lay some tile........ ;)















You won't have to get your carpet cleaned anymore... ::)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

auctioneer

Quote from: RTR_380/450R on March 03, 2009, 10:54:36 PM


BTW... She aint bad! Been thinking on trading her in for a new quad!
But noone can put up with her or handle her!!

jt



From the looks of her Tipping is the least of your problems  I bet she is higher maintenance than a 57 EDSEL lol Yes I would have give the guy a $100.00 to take her after she to me to shut the hell up !!!!!!!!!  >:D >:D >:D >:( >:(
2007 rhino 660
2009 Freedom Craft / L-88 427 W/stinger drive airboat
2008 11ft Puddle Buster w/200 angle valve
2004 Wrangler/8in lift
2008 750 Polaris sportsman
2002 F-350 lifted
2008 Rhino 660

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com