L-Cross or Bamboo

Started by mistercorbin, February 24, 2009, 03:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercorbin

Hey guys, this is not a topic to Challenge the two places or anything, im just curious. Ive been to L-Cross a ton of times. Ive never been to Bamboo, but heard good stuff. March 6-8 is both L-Cross and Bamboo, L-Cross is muddigras. Whats the difference between both places, good and bad? What do you prefer? Which place has more trail rides for 4x4 atvs? Thanks

Quad32x

Never been to either one of them but heres a place you just might want to try out.  ;)

http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/index.php?topic=10469.0
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Patricia Pearce

#2
  ??? ??? L-Cross of course!!!!

We are licensed, insured and totally "LEGAL"!!!

Great Band, Wet-T-Shirt contest, 1,200 acres
to camp and play. Need I say more??? Of course
Mark & I are the owners so we might be a little
prejudice! LOL
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

Raptorman_Ed

Quote from: CivCord on February 24, 2009, 03:37:47 PM
Hey guys, this is not a topic to Challenge the two places or anything, im just curious. Ive been to L-Cross a ton of times. Ive never been to Bamboo, but heard good stuff. March 6-8 is both L-Cross and Bamboo, L-Cross is muddigras. Whats the difference between both places, good and bad? What do you prefer? Which place has more trail rides for 4x4 atvs? Thanks
If your looking for the best place to ride in Florida...heck Southeast you need to visit the Florida MotoPlex especially March 6 - 8 is the Superbowl Of Powersports

www.floridaatv.com
08 Yamaha YFZ-450  - T-man
09 Yamaha Big Bear 400 --A.K.A. Ed 2WD
06 Dodge Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel
08 18' Cargo Trailer

mistercorbin

That place is too far for me

jrpro130

Bamboo is alright but I only have fun there for an hour or so...the party at bamboo is so-so.  Your riding around in poo-poo mud and its just not all its cracked up to be.  I don't really like it there too much...

Now lcross, the partys are insane.  We were there sunday and the mud was great, it was all plowed out and lots of sloppy, yet lots of water holes.  Everything is still the way it used to be, just better holes and dug up.  I love the camping at lcross.

If it makes your mind up...we are going to lcross :)
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

TRX450R_Racer

L-Cross all the way. No Planetpoopoo.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mistercorbin

Hows the trail ride Satuday morning at Lcross? Never been on it.

Patricia Pearce

Every one meets at 10:30 am Saturday morning at the double green gates by the MX track. Every one goes together on the ride, it lasts about 2 hours, depending on how many people on the ride. You do not have to gear up to go on the ride, as it is really a nature ride. Most people love it, some don't want to miss the action in the mud hole on adult events. It is pretty high and dry, you can get muddy if you like.
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

crom A zone

lcross  all the way


say no to plant pooboo if ur bike makes to much noise you will be kicked out by a dirty owner that does not shower for the weekend   ;)   and when he yells at you  his head goes sideways  its kinda funny :-*     go   to l cross camp with jrpro and i  and i will promis its best weekend on atv for you
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Mudneck

I have never been to the POOP farm I here its OK for a day ride. Haven't heard any reports of large events good or bad. I have been to L-cross. If the place is wet and all the mudholes are muddy its a blast.Good times. Maybe Someone can chime in on the conditions & give a MUD REPORT.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Patricia Pearce

Mark worked on the pit all last week. It is AWESOME!!!
He got all of that good sticky black mud up and it's better than it's ever been.
He ran the pumps for this past weekend and every one said it was GREAT!
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

Turboderf

I say L-cross also i Dont do the mud thing ...... but the trails are fun  :ThumbsUp.gif

mistercorbin

Sounds good im hoping for a good turnout

jrpro130

Quote from: bushwacker on February 24, 2009, 08:10:48 PM
I have never been to the POOP farm I here its OK for a day ride. Haven't heard any reports of large events good or bad. I have been to L-cross. If the place is wet and all the mudholes are muddy its a blast.Good times. Maybe Someone can chime in on the conditions & give a MUD REPORT.

Mud report...

We rode sunday and it was AMAZING mud.  Probably the best I've seen at L-Cross, and htis is coming from a previous Holy Lands rider...

It had a great water level, enough that you do need snorkels, but not too much to lose your bike.  Nice thick black mud in the pits and water on top of the holes.  IMO perfect conditions, can't ask for any better, we went to just test it out...

I have pics but too lazy to upload
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

BeReasonable

I have been to l-cross , bamboo and the motoplex. I would drive from keywest right past both l-cross and bamboo straight to the motoplex. I never had a quad covered in so much cow dung as I did at l-cross and the guy at bamboo is just uhhhhhhh. The motoplex is purpose built Atv, utv, dirt bike Park not a part time park full time ranch. The motoplex offers so much more and at the next event it shows as if you can win some great stuff and you dont even have to pay to enter the competitions .
Just my opinion but the motoplex is worth the drive and now while gas is still cheap it is the perfect opportunity to try it out.

sbripple

bamboo all the way.Licensed ,insured,and can ride at night with no gestapo stoppin me.Great wash down hoses not like the trickle hose at l-cross.No go fast guys like 450  racer buzzin around  too fast to be safe.A great crowd and  great owners.Gonna be a great band  too.Real trails to ride ,not the invisible trails  some places say they have but you cannot find.Good mud and none of the psuedo  racers,perfect.  hope the weather  is good  whereever everyone goes.I like having options ,its nice to have to decide where to ride

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: sbripple on February 24, 2009, 09:58:25 PM
bamboo all the way.Licensed ,insured,and can ride at night with no gestapo stoppin me.Great wash down hoses not like the trickle hose at l-cross.No go fast guys like 450  racer buzzin around  too fast to be safe.A great crowd and  great owners.Gonna be a great band  too.Real trails to ride ,not the invisible trails  some places say they have but you cannot find.Good mud and none of the psuedo  racers,perfect.  hope the weather  is good  whereever everyone goes.I like having options ,its nice to have to decide where to ride

Yeah just all the safe drunks with no helmets on their 700lb machines LOL!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Mudneck

Hey my Rhinos weighs in at 1000 ::) :o ;)
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

bocephus300

looks as if i will be taking the buggy my loan shark brother is giving me the money to finish it! and i will be bringing a few lovely ladies with me... so it will be gooder than heck. and my buddie dave taking his 2.5ton bronco. my cousin will have his little green buggy out there. and a few friends with their ghetto bob mud truck
2006 outlander 800
27 laws
2006 forman 500
26 laws

gtnwood

Superbowl of Motorsports at The Plex March 6th 7th and 8th, thats where you'll find me, cant beat it with a stick :ThumbsUp.gif
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

Chuck Norris

Quote from: BeReasonable on February 24, 2009, 09:17:00 PM
I have been to l-cross , bamboo and the motoplex. I would drive from keywest right past both l-cross and bamboo straight to the motoplex. I never had a quad covered in so much cow dung as I did at l-cross and the guy at bamboo is just uhhhhhhh. The motoplex is purpose built Atv, utv, dirt bike Park not a part time park full time ranch. The motoplex offers so much more and at the next event it shows as if you can win some great stuff and you dont even have to pay to enter the competitions .
Just my opinion but the motoplex is worth the drive and now while gas is still cheap it is the perfect opportunity to try it out.

Quote from: Quad32x on February 24, 2009, 04:59:12 PM
Never been to either one of them but heres a place you just might want to try out.  ;)

http://www.floridaatv.com/smf/index.php?topic=10469.0

agreed

TLittle

Quote from: BeReasonable on February 24, 2009, 09:17:00 PM
I have been to l-cross , bamboo and the motoplex. I would drive from keywest right past both l-cross and bamboo straight to the motoplex. I never had a quad covered in so much cow dung as I did at l-cross and the guy at bamboo is just uhhhhhhh. The motoplex is purpose built Atv, utv, dirt bike Park not a part time park full time ranch. The motoplex offers so much more and at the next event it shows as if you can win some great stuff and you dont even have to pay to enter the competitions .
Just my opinion but the motoplex is worth the drive and now while gas is still cheap it is the perfect opportunity to try it out.
I've been to all 3 as well and motoplex was the best of them for me, not a bunch of drunks being out of control, no limit on riding day or night, trails everywhere, dry and heavy mud, a REAL motocross track... plus alot for the kids to keep them occupied.... I'll be there for powersports weekend next week
2010 Camaro SS
Flowmaster exhaust
Cold air intake
Diablo sport Programmer
BBK Headers
503 HP

New members worst nightmare

Turboderf

if it was not so far i would like to check it out

VForcedave

Is the Meth Lab still open at Bamboozal?? That stuff really works when you drink all day and want to attend a night ride. L cross is the choice for the southern riders.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com