Chrome plating motorcycle rims

Started by TRX450R_Racer, February 14, 2009, 01:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRX450R_Racer

Anyone one know of any chrome plating shops that can chrome the rims on my street bike.  I would prefer in Palm Beach County if possible. If not somewhere between St. Lucie County, Broward County, Okeechobee County.  
Thanks
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

yfz122

Sometimes it's cheaper to find some already done. Unless you want to keep what you have.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Ride1Rob

Most shops swap rims. You purchase a set of chrome rims and they take your old ones. Once you do this you're going to notice a nice weight gain to your front end. I think it's like a 24pd difference on the front and even more on the rear.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

TRX450R_Racer

#3
I tried to find either aftermarket rims or exchange ones. I can't find anything. I have an 01 Honda Magna. The problem I have is it's not a popular bike, they stopped making them in 2003 and it has rear drum brakes. The brake drum is part of the rear rim.

Wow that's a lot of weight. I'm not looking to go fast, just look good.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Ride1Rob

Well if you're in it for the looks and don't have to worry about performance you're good. On the other hand, swapping rims normally comes from popular bikes that alot of riders modify with chrome and such. In you case you may have to end up sending them off. Just do some research on shops. The process for dipping wheels if not done right will chip in a matter of months. Just do some research and be ready to spend. It cost me $630 on my old R1 and that was with me swapping the rims as a core. I think it was over $800 to send mine off to get them done. But that was a few years ago also.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

TRX450R_Racer

I've been check places out. That's for the info. I would like to keep local if possible.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.