250R Tech Question

Started by 250rsith, January 27, 2009, 07:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

250rsith

Hey guys, I have a TRX250R set up for motocross, but I'm having problems getting to clean up when you pin the throttle, my other problem is that I don't know of a place where I could go and try the quad for the settings, (except paying at a track), I 'ld like to go to the track but with the quad running good, not throw away the money just to set up and not ridding. Any suggestion are welcome to see if I could get my quad running again. I live in the Ocala area, so if somebody knows of a area, pls let me know.

Thanks!!!!
TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25

trx#9

How long has the quad been sitting, what kind of oil, what oil to gas ratio, etc. Need a little more info please.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

250rsith

Quote from: trx#9 on January 27, 2009, 08:01:50 PM
How long has the quad been sitting, what kind of oil, what oil to gas ratio, etc. Need a little more info please.
I just started a couple of days ago, but I been doing it like every two weeks, just get frustrated not getting it right, I use Maxima 927 Castor, ratio 50:1 (3ozs per gallon on premium pump gas) have big bore piston (295) with first bore, PJ36 keihn carb, 220 compresion, 175 main, 58 pilot, B8ES NGK spark plug, my wiring is not the best but it checked out good with the multi meter.
Thanks for your help!!!
TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25

assbandit

you probably got crap in them bottom of the carb bowl

svtbolt04

With Castor Oil, if you arent running the entire bottle of oil in a weekend, it goes bad a few days after.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

250rsith

Quote from: assbandit on January 27, 2009, 08:59:31 PM
you probably got crap in them bottom of the carb bowl

The carb was open apart and cleaned up completly
TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25

assbandit

your going to have to put a new plug in  and run full throttle through all the gears  shut it off and check the plug. It sounds like your main jet.

there has to be a dirt rd somewhere close to you. The forest is right next to you

trx#9

220 lbs. of compression race gas is a must. Switch to golden spectro, 1 bottle to 5 gallons of race fuel.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

David_James

mine did this but my crank seals were bad. i was losing compression so i was losing power. it couldnt burn the fuel i was dumping in the carb. it was running like trash even with new complete top end rebuild. i dont know if this is your problem but i was having similar problems and it was b/c of my crank seals.

250rsith

How you found out that your seals were bad, I've checked mines but they look ok, no oil leaks .......
TRX 250R - #25 (sold)
LT-R450 - #25

David_James

i used soap and water. i mixed soap and water in a spray bottle and started my bike and sprayed around all the seals. if it makes bubbles, u got bad seals.