Starter Shotgun Question..

Started by Yamaha72, January 06, 2009, 11:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamaha72

I'm looking into buying my first gun, I know I need to get all my licenses and permits and what not but can't really decide on a gun to buy. Im looking for a quality, reliable gun on a budget.. The only one I had in mind was the Remington 870 12 Gauge. I am looking to buy a shotgun as of now, maybe some rifle action when I get a bit older and can afford one.. If anyone can chime in with some advice or direction that'd be great!
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

LostCause

How old are you and what do you want to use the gun for?
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

jrpro130

You don't need a license or a permit to *buy* one.  If you are 18 y/o or older, and can pass a backround check you can buy it.

I'm a Remington fan :)
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

crom A zone

sawd off   12g   all the  way. go big or go home  and dont forget the pistal grip   and some slugs not buck shot
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Yamaha72

I'm 19 years old, turning 20 in a month, and I have shot a couple of my friends guns that go hunting in the S.T.A.'s and up north... I want it primarily for Hog/Duck seasons thats why I say licenses and permits.. Yea I can definitely pass a background check too..

4x4 - That would be cool, but rather impractical for my application..
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

crom A zone

every one needs a set up like that   its called home protection sir. ;D  and might i ad  perfect for "can" hunting's
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Andy9933

[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

jrpro130

Quote from: 4x4Matt on January 07, 2009, 02:34:56 AM
every one needs a set up like that   its called home protection sir. ;D  and might i ad  perfect for "can" hunting's

where is yours at bud?
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

crom A zone

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

kaiser1990

i've got two 870s there great guns

B. Graves

just get a mossberg 500, remington 870, or benelli nova. im gonna get a 3.5" magnum chambered gun next. might as well shell out the extra few bucks and get that. youll want it eventually. i believe that all the novas are 3.5" guns. my next gun will be a nova. go to gander mountain and just look at their guns and see what you like. they have them all sitting out where you can handle them.

z400250

870 is a good gun, i've had a 870 express for 16 years!!
but to big to carry concealed!
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]www.tampabayridindirty.com[/url]