AMA Winter Nationals - Bike Week

Started by fastrnrik, January 05, 2009, 01:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastrnrik

I just wanted to pass along some info about the Bike Week races for 2009. Dave has spoke to the AMA and I have spoke to the race promoters and here is the information we have so far.
This info is for the amateur races, not the pro races.

First the schedule is still not complete. The amateur races will start at Daytona Municipal Stadium on Saturday Feb. 28th and Sunday March 1st. The rest of the series will include a TT at Thunderbowl, and then races at Volusia. There are no dates for these races yet. The promoter also asked me about going back to Ocala Speedway, but this is not set in stone.

Second, they will allow quads at the Daytona races this year. They actually allowed them last year, but only gave Dave & I a 48 hour notice, so we couldn't really get the word out.

I will post more info as it is available. 

fastrnrik

OK, I spoke to the AMA this afternoon and have the schedule for Bike Week amateur race series.

Saturday, Feb. 28th- Daytona Municipal Stadium- Short Track
Sunday, Mar 1st-  Daytona Municipal Stadium- Short Track
Monday, Mar 2nd- Thunderbowl Speedway- TT
Tuesday, Mar 3rd- Volusia Speedway- 1/2 Mile
Wednesday, Mar 4th- Volusia Speedway- Short Track

Motorcycles & Quads on all days.

There will be an "official" release of info from the AMA in a day or two with all the details.

I was also told there will be no pro racing at Volusia this year, just amateurs.

Thanks
Brady

Sandbagger11

Brady, Is AHRMA racing at TB. If not do you know where? Thanks. John
07 Maxium TT Vet champ

supervcycle

are we going to have a outlaw race during bike week? can't afford to race ama or ahrma! would be great to have everybody show up and race!

nate#38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

fastrnrik

Quote from: Sandbagger11 on January 15, 2009, 07:32:23 PM
Brady, Is AHRMA racing at TB. If not do you know where? Thanks. John

Yes, the AHRMA race at Thunderbowl is on Wednesday, March 4th.

supervcycle

 will we non ahrma members be able to race?  is ahrma taking over with their rules or are you going to have the outlaw race the same day apart from ahrma?

nate #38

would hate to drive up there just to be told i have to spend a million dollars to join ama, ahrma, have a insurance policy buy new leathers and still not have a legal bike.
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

fastrnrik

I know the AMA races require you to be an AMA member, but I'm not sure on the AHRMA series. I will call Rob tomorrow and find out for sure.

I am still working on an Outlaw race. It will be a different day than the AMA or AHRMA races.

supervcycle

 :o from what i read on the ahrma website you have to be a ama and a ahrma member ,have a insurance policy,leathers or motorcross gear, approved helment, and your bike has to be super clean and painted fancy it cannot be dirty!  and it has to pass a tech schedule that was sounding way to expensive to me. reminded me of the monutain of crap and hoops you have to jump through to join the nhra.

nate #38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com