Bright house dropping 19ch's today...

Started by The Quad FaJa, December 31, 2008, 06:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Quad FaJa

Look on MTV for the info...but they are dropping 19ch's from our service..wtf mate..

heres the # to call 1866-309-3279

Call to help stop this....

Da_Mtg_Man

That number doesn't work for me but my son said we got a call last night saying that were lsing Nickelodeon, mtv and 17 others.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

apkkfx400

along with spike, noggin and comedy central are 3 of the ones I'll be disappointed with losing.  Well, Noggin for my son's sake.  I really hate to say this, but satellite is looking better every time Brighthouse is making new choices or when they are in the news.  Here's a link to explain why they are possibly dropping these channels.....

http://www.mybrighthouse.com/products/digital_cable/mtv_retrans.aspx

Mark

svtbolt04

And my complex is requiring we get basic cable service.. So another $37 a month on my rent... and I won't have any decent channels? Whats the point!?
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

CABLEGUY1

Don't blame Bright House for this one.The contract with Viacom was set to expire on the 31st and they chose to raise their price for programming to a ridiculous figure. The norm is that the two parties agree to an extension during negotiations in order insure that the public does not suffer a black out during this period,however,Viacom chose to place adds on the radio,internet,and televison,informing customers that they would be losing these channels as of midnight and to call the cable company to complain. Basically,they were trying to embarrass or strong arm BHN into accepting their price increase by using the customer as their choice of weapon. Very low buisness tactics. The 11th hour negotiations are common in this industry. The only thing that's uncommon is the way they tried to spin it. The bottom line is that the parties came to an agreement and the customer did not suffer a lapse in service.

wheelie_boy

Dang, that stinks... dropping comedy central!! I am for once glad I have comcast.
05 kx 250f

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: wheelie_boy on January 02, 2009, 11:16:44 PM
Dang, that stinks... dropping comedy central!! I am for once glad I have comcast.


Dude,read the last sentence. They came to an agreement and did not drop any channels.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com