outlaw 500?

Started by Gram262, May 08, 2009, 06:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gram262

Hey there a guy offered me a outlaw 500 for my 23ft sea craft..... I dont know much about the atv and was woundering if there were any problems with the model ? or any thing like that. is it woth it?

buythisatvstuff

The newer versions have the KTM motor in them. The older version has the Fuji motor in them. Both are good, but the KTM is better. What year and kind of shape is it in ? I'd suggest looking up the value on kbb.com or nada.com to see how it compares with the value of your boat to make sure it's a good trade for you.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

Gram262

thanks. are they good for racing and jumping?

buythisatvstuff

Never personally ridden one, but if you're looking to race motocross you want a solid axle machine - these are great for woods racing. I hear they do jump well. As with any atv though for serious height and distance it's best to go with an aftermarket suspension that is set up specifically for you to get the best results. But if you're just new to the sport and not out there jumping any huge stuff the stock set up is fine. I know I jumped 75 feet with my stock suspension and tons of crazy hill jumps, etc.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

Gram262

mkay thanks you helped a ton!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com